SheKnows.com: Entertainment Writer
- Full Time
SheKnows.com: Entertainment Writer
SheKnows.com is hiring an Entertainment Writer to join our team in New York, working closely with the Entertainment Editor to lead our coverage of breaking celebrity news that resonates with our audience of moms and women in general. The ideal candidate should thrive under tight deadlines and have a demonstrated ability to quickly produce engaging, high-quality entertainment news content. He/she should be up-to-date on a range of topics, from the latest royal-family happenings to Today show staff changes to Grey’s Anatomy plot twists, and should be able to comment on such stories with wit and an original point of view.
The Entertainment Writer will be responsible for writing 4-7 news posts a day, as well as occasionally assigning and editing additional news posts from freelance writers. A talent for sniffing out stories and identifying unique angles that align with our parenting-focused, pro-women brand and voice is critical.
SheKnows’ parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
- Pitch and write 4 to 7 entertainment news stories a day
- Update top-performing existing stories as needed
- Write weekly feature stories
- Assist the entertainment editor with general daily tasks, including assigning and editing news and features
- Contribute to real-time coverage of all major awards shows and entertainment events
- Use SEO and analytics to inform content creation and ensure Entertainment vertical meets monthly traffic goals
- Conduct celebrity interviews and represent SheKnows at events
The Fine Print:
- 2-3 years of editorial experience at a major digital media company
- The ability to react to trending news quickly and package stories in a way that feels original, on-brand and tailored to our audience
- Well-versed in digital strategy, analytics and SEO
- Ability to perform in high-pressure, fast-paced conditions, and work well both independently and collaboratively
- An obsession with celebrity and entertainment news
About SHE Media:
With a mission of women inspiring women, SHE Media is revolutionizing the publishing industry by forging a new kind of model that seamlessly integrates users, editors and content creators onto a single platform designed to empower all women to discover, share and create. Whether it’s parenting or pop culture, fashion or food, DIY or décor, our award-winning editorial team, experts, bloggers and social media influencers produce authentic and on-trend content every day. We dig deep to learn what makes our audience tick, revealing unexpected insights on women and digital media. Our robust, end-to-end suite of premium branded content and influencer marketing solutions generate nearly 1 billion ad impressions per month (sources: DFP), allowing brands to distribute authentic content and integrated advertising at scale.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.