StyleCaster: Fashion & Lifestyle Editor
- Full Time
StyleCaster: Fashion & Lifestyle Editor
SHE Media is hiring a Fashion & Lifestyle Editor to join StyleCaster’s editorial team and oversee two of the brand’s most vital verticals. The ideal candidate should possess a strong, sophisticated, modern awareness of the digital lifestyle space and a generalist background that spans fashion reporting and market work as well as home decor, food, and sex and relationships coverage. If you’re not a subject matter expert in both fashion and lifestyle, then you must demonstrate a genuine interest in and ability to skillfully cover both beats. (For example, maybe you’re an experienced fashion editor who stalks food and design blogs on the side, or a lifestyle editor working at a fashion publication who sample sale-hops on weekends.)
This unique and versatile role requires a big-ideas editor who is obsessed with high-performing content, and gets excited about bringing in both up-and-coming and established experts and personalities who are breaking boundaries in these areas. As well, he/she should also have impeccable taste, an unforgettable voice, and a rolodex of writers and contributors who can add to the StyleCaster offering. Authoritative original content, video, shoppable content, features, and trending news coverage will all fall under this role’s purview.
- Conceptualize, produce, write, assign, or otherwise oversee about 7 stories per day
- Manage fashion and lifestyle news writer
- Pitch monthly editorial calendar
- Liaise with design team to conceptualize artwork and contribute to social media efforts
- Manage freelance contributors and interns
- Ensure Fashion and Lifestyle categories meet monthly traffic goals
- Forge important industry relationships in the fashion and lifestyle sectors
- Represent StyleCaster at events, shows, and market appointments when appropriate
The Fine Print
- 3-5 years editorial experience at a major digital media company
- Well-versed in digital strategy, analytics and SEO
- A deep understanding of the millennial women’s fashion and lifestyle space
- A generalist sensibility and proven experience producing quality content across a variety of subjects
- Exceptional skills in writing, editing, and packaging stories that are clicky and conversational, yet informative and accurate
- An extensive network of exceptional writers and contributors, as well as a strong roster of industry contacts
About SHE Media:
With a mission of women inspiring women, SHE Media is revolutionizing the publishing industry by forging a new kind of model that seamlessly integrates users, editors and content creators onto a single platform designed to empower all women to discover, share and create. Whether it’s parenting or pop culture, fashion or food, DIY or décor, our award-winning editorial team, Experts, bloggers and social media influencers produce authentic and on-trend content every day. We dig deep to learn what makes our audience tick, revealing unexpected insights on women and digital media. Our robust, end-to-end suite of premium branded content and influencer marketing solutions generate more than 1.7 billion ad impressions per month (sources: DFP and OAS), allowing brands to distribute authentic content and integrated advertising at scale.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.