Director of Advertising Research
- Full Time
The Director of Advertising Research will be responsible for managing and prioritizing the workflow for every advertiser research project, including costs and budgeting, analysis, presentation of results, and strategic planning for all CMG Newspaper, TV and Radio properties and their clients. This position involves managing multiple projects and direct reports to meet hard deadlines. The Director of Advertising Research must also be able to analyze survey data, present and explain the findings verbally with executive presence and confidence to internal and external clients.
• Responsible for managing and providing updates to Vice President: priorities, deadlines and workflow for every advertiser research project including but not limited to:
- Project costs and methodologies
- Questionnaire design and creation
- Advertiser Client and station interaction and communication throughout the lifecycle of a study/survey
- Produce research study PowerPoint presentations as needed
- Serve as back-up for analyst duties as neededClient/station management and relations
- Data analysis and key points creation
- Direct report relations and goals management
- Presenting the data analysis “story” and recommendations with follow up to strategic action plans for each study conducted to stations and clients
- Continually coach and train station point guards on advertiser research methods and execution
• Direct report responsibilities for all Advertiser Research managers and analysts
Qualifications:• 10 years experience with primary research and managing all aspects of market research projects preferred
• Media industry experience strongly preferred
• Must have previous sales research/analyst experience
• Experience with quantitative and qualitative questionnaire design
• Proven experience with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
• Expert level ability to use cross-tabulation data and software to create an easy to understand presentation with analysis and synopsis of what the data means
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
• Marketing and strategy experience working with advertisers and/or agencies
• Proven experience with public speaking and presenting
• Proven experience with research/survey project management and all steps involved in the process
• Proven ability to successfully manage and prioritize 50+ research projects with a team of managers and analysts
• Under graduate degree or equivalent experience required
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.