Rapidscale Sr. Cloud Solutions Engineer (Northwest region)
- Full Time
The Solutions Engineer is responsible for providing pre-sales support for complex managed services solutions in a cloud hosting environment. The “SE” must be a subject matter expert on all RapidScale solutions and continually working to improve themselves and our company. Position includes direct customer involvement on sales opportunities, validation of all quotes, ongoing enhancement of service and product descriptions, and interfacing with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering teams to keep up-to-date on all new service capabilities.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Develop and maintain internal and external relationships with clients, partners, vendors and colleagues. Communicate professionally and effectively at all levels.
• Take a leading role in senior level presentations and large scale customer negotiations with Sales Teams and Sales Partners.
• Provide metrics / detail on number / status of opportunities being supported.
• Ensure consistency of solutions, value proposition, and pre-sales support methodology.
• Assist sales team on technical aspects of proposal writing and development.
• Ensure smooth transfer of solution design details and knowledge from Solutions Engineering team to Engineering teams and Project Management teams for all new service implementations.
• Ensure solutions comply with operational processes and policies related to solution design and implementation.
• Foster a customer service-oriented approach for all team members.
• Up to 50% travel
Qualifications:• 2-3 years of experience in pre-sales support
• 5-7 years of progressive experience implementing information technology solutions
• Strong problem resolution and conflict management skills
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
• A working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies
• Strong understanding of network and security solutions
• Understanding of IP addressing and subnets, routing protocols, firewalls, and load balancing
• Strong interpersonal skills; must work effectively with associates; be a team player
• Demonstrated technical sales leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written; must communicate effectively in a professional manner
• Effectively multitask, organized, and manage priorities
• Strong MS Office and Visio Skills
• Must project confidence and creativity
• Must display a willingness to learn and self-motivate
• Keep a positive attitude at all times
• Prior technology sales experience (desired)
• Demonstrates RapidScale values
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.