Strategic Sales Director
- Full Time
The Director, Strategic Account Sales will be responsible for working in conjunction with EDP Account Directors to prospect and sell Retail Solutions products and services to strategic dealership accounts. Responsibilities include providing in-depth automotive retail and product expertise, building c-suite relationships, and selling Cox Automotive retail solutions to assigned dealership accounts in collaboration with the Account Director. The Director, Strategic Account Sales will be assigned to multiple large dealership clients and will work with cross-business sales resources. Compensation will be based on sales quota attainment within the assigned accounts.
- Proactively work with the EDP account team to align on c-suite goals and objectives and to identify sales opportunities.
- Align Cox Automotive retail solutions and services with identified opportunities in a collaborative team environment.
- Build trusted relationships with decision makers and influencers.
- Provides deep expertise for products within their area of responsibility (incl. business process best practices, industry trends and insights, competition, specific product knowledge, and financial acumen).
- Develops and delivers insightful information and persuasive presentations/demos for dealer clients.
- Secure client agreement and contracts required to achieve the assigned sales goal.
- This is a field-based role. Expect minimum of 50% travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of education and experience, 10+ years of outside sales experience in a multi-platform product environment preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in sales selling products and services to large dealer groups.
- Collaborative team-selling experience.
- Knowledge of automotive dealership operations strongly preferred.
- Excellent time management, organization, and task prioritization skills.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.