Digital Sales Specialist
- Full Time
The Digital Sales Specialist is responsible for delivering and demonstrating our advertisers’ return on investment based on the goals of their marketing campaigns. This role must be both analytical and possess excellent customer service skills. This individual will work closely with account executives (AE’s), clients and will be the essential link between CMG Tulsa and the CMG Digital Team to deliver a superior return on investment for our customers’ digital advertising. This position must maintain broad knowledge of all aspects of digital advertising including the products we offer and in what ways each is most effective for meeting advertiser goals.
The Digital Sales Specialist will help AEs create proposals based on customer goals and serve as a communication point between sales and the CMG Digital Team. The Specialist will additionally be asked to attend sales calls with AEs. Once the campaign is underway, the Specialist will work with high-level customers to chart optimization approaches against their key performance indicators. At the end of the campaign, this person will create custom performance reports that effectively analyze how customer goals were met or exceeded with the goal of increasing retention and upsells.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of all digital ad products and track their performance and effectiveness against various marketing goals.
- Provide assistance with digital revenue analysis and optimization
- Meet with advertising clients and AEs to assess client needs when requested / necessary.
- Identify optimization opportunities for digital campaigns, including search marketing (SEO/SEM), targeted display/ video, social media, retargeting, SEO, mobile campaigns and more.
- Lead brainstorming sessions for creative advertising solutions.
- Continue to enhance our position as a trusted and preferred digital provider to our clients by providing assistance to AE’s in client research, sales presentation material creation and proposal development in alignment with customer needs and goals.
- Confer with advertisers to develop campaign optimizations to match performance with customer.
- Develop in-depth/custom campaign reports for Account Executives and clients to effectively show campaign success and explain optimizations.
- Interpret custom performance reporting and analysis in coordination with account executives and centralized trafficking to support renewal process and upsell.
- Conduct basic industry research and site analytics.
- Troubleshoot implementation hurdles (getting creative from the client, proactive under delivery management, etc.).
- Serve as a liaison between CMGD and local sales
- Confirm availability of inventory for owned and operated digital properties, third-party networks, retargeting providers and others
- Check IO product detail selected for accurate correct use, work with AE to correct or realign products
- Be hands on in clients' success, the campaign optimization process, and be eager to share and explain campaign results and improvements in-person on a consistent basis
- At least 3+ years’ experience working in a digital sales advertising role.
- Digital sales and marketing experience with a strong understanding of search marketing (SEO/SEM), social media, targeted display/video, retargeting, and mobile marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Journalism or similar field preferred
- Google AdWords and Google Analytics certification
- Knowledge of Google Ad Systems, including DFP, DoubleClick and Google Tag Manager
- IAB DMSC Certification a plus
- Outstanding customer service skill with the keen ability to proactively anticipate and provide solutions to customer needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience in cross-functional collaboration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to relay technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships and consistently set and exceed service goals.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to organize and prioritize assignments.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with the ability to learn and apply new concepts and tools quickly.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.