Pricing Analyst II
- Full Time
A critical role on the Cox Automotive Pricing team within the Sales Business Office, the Pricing Analyst analyzes and implements pricing, packaging, and monetization strategies for a specific targeted business unit. This team is responsible for maintaining pricing capabilities including list pricing tables, reference data, pricing logic. This team is also responsible for collaborating with their counterparts on the Pricing Strategy team to supply data, models, and guidelines for what pricing actions can be executed given market, technical, and/or process constraints. In addition, this individual contributor is proactive in building strong relationships with boundary partners in Product, Sales, and Enterprise Platforms to understand system design and limitations for pricing strategy execution.
• Price Implementation: work with IT teams to maintain pricing & discounting tables, promotional and rebate terms & approval levels, either directly in the system or through partnerships with IT system owners.
• Migrate customers into to new products/packages with appropriate promotions / incentives and facilitate price increases / decreases. Partner with Sales Operations to execute these changes and manage change associated with any migrations.
• Build analytical models to determine which price models & price metrics best aligns with perceived & actual value as directed in the Pricing Strategy.
• Determining pricing attributes based on customer segments, geography, competition and other value drivers
• Set pricing levels (Base, List, Discounts, Promotions, Rebates) based on attributes & segmentation, including discretionary discount thresholds for sales and scoring methodology for product specific and OneCox deals.
• Design promotional programs and rebates to meet specific short term needs or customer / segment specific needs.
• Work to understand the specific systems required to execute pricing actions in the targeted business unit (DDC, Listings, Manheim, etc.).
• Monitor pricing activity within the target business unit for opportunities for improvement and advise their manager on course of action. Qualifications:• 2+ years of business experience in a pricing or analytical role
• BS/BA in related discipline OR an equivalent combination of education and work related experience
• Proven track record in operating in a support capacity in a high functioning sales environment
• Strong Excel skills
• Familiarity with Salesforce.com, database platforms like Redshift, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server is preferred
• Technical Skills: Outstanding analytical skills and a high degree of intellectual curiosity who can help connect dots
• Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally
• Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate communication tools
• Collaboration: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions
• Solve Problems: Assess situations to identify causes, generate solutions, and make recommendations to resolve the problem
• Influence: Ability to operate and work across functional groups in a matrixed organization
• Work Ethic: Must be willing and able to “roll up the sleeves”
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.