Supervisor, Technical Support (Call Center)
- Full Time
The Technical Support Supervisor supervises, coaches, and develops a team of Technical Support Representatives to fulfill company strategies, practices and procedures for serving, solving, selling. Supervises the team to deliver excellent customer services, effectively meet and exceed performance and service goals, and increase revenue through cross-selling.
The position works in call center environment. May involve supervision of on-site, remote and out-sourced employees. Interacts by phone with customers who are frustrated and dissatisfied in connection with problem resolution. Must be able to move around the call center to support/coach Representatives in performing their duties. May involve management of customer experience for multiple regions. Must meet approved department and company performance standards. Work consists mainly of managing, coaching and developing the performance of individuals and team. Supervises work that is error-sensitive; failure to produce accurate work results in problems with customer experience, operational efficiency and lost revenue. Fast-paced, constantly changing, budget-driven organization.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Essential functions of the role include coaching and developing, leading people, driving results, communication, collaboration, administration, and self-development. Primary responsibilities within these functions include:
• Formally and informally coaches and develops the performance of the team to ensure they have the capabilities required to meet targets and increase customer loyalty.
• Applies functional and technical expertise and knowledge of performance standards to provide on-the-job training to team members.
• Reviews performance data (e.g., scorecard, ACE behaviors, monitored calls, etc.) and diagnose performance gaps to identify performance and productivity gaps.
• Discusses Monthly Achievement Plans regularly with Representatives to identify and agree on actions to improve performance.
• Creates and implements individual development plans and related coaching plans to establish behaviors that will lead to improved metrics.
• Monitors calls and evaluates individual Representative effectiveness on key behaviors to provide coaching to improve performance and the customer experience.
• Participates in regular call monitoring calibration sessions to ensure that customer experience standards are consistent applied across the region.
• Promotes professional service culture to achieve a complete service interaction: serving, solving, promoting and following through on opportunities for cross selling. Serves as a role model for the team in all aspects of the business. Balances the urgency of meeting business goals with focus on team success.
• Implements and documents coaching, performance improvement, and recognition plans, as well as performance evaluations to optimize individual and team performance. Hires and builds a team of Representatives that has the ability and resources to achieve performance, diversity, and service goals.
• Collaborates with local HR to plan for and ensure mandatory team and individual training targets are met.
• Implements formal and informal practices and procedures to motivate and recognize employees and ensure employee engagement is high.
• Develops and implements recognition programs to encourage and reward Representatives for meeting targets related to serving, solving and selling.
• Manages day-to-day activities and business to maintain momentum and a sense of urgency toward desired results. Continually focuses driving high standards of performance, correcting performance gaps, and works relentlessly to overcome obstacles and meet or exceed challenging goals.
• Reviews calendar, schedules, and tasks to plan/modify work schedules and ensure customers are served and priorities are achieved.
• Maintains a safe and positive work environment in compliance with all Cox safety policies.
• Resolves complex customer complaints and handles issues escalated by team members in a timely manner.
• Makes recommendations and/or decisions in real time to match capacity to demand and adjust methods of call handling to deliver the customer experience.
• Leads team meetings/huddles to cascade information, coordinate efforts and communicate changes in direction, products, policies, expectations and performance against service, quality and sales goals, processes, and standards.
• Communicates customer concerns, trends, recurring issues, sales and service opportunities, and related issues to higher leadership and within the Customer Care team.
• Recommends and coordinates implementation of solutions with various Cox organizations.
• Reviews Monthly Achievement Plan and Supervisor scorecard regularly with Manager to identify opportunities to improve results .
• Collaborates with other departments to ensure that a high quality customer experience is achieved and to resolve system and process problems.
• Collaborates with the Customer Operations team to ensure operational efficiency is achieved.
• Collaborates with Customer Care Manager, Customer Experience team and other Customer Care Supervisors to plan and coordinate efforts to ensure that Customer Care objectives are achieved.
• Controls expenses while meeting or exceeding system revenue goals.
• Ensures that Representatives update all required customer information in a timely fashion.
• Ensures accurate employee compensation by tracking and managing time and labor.
• Manages attendance trackers to track progressive steps for disciplinary action. Consults with Human Resources partners to determine eligible time off for employee leaves of absence.
• Approves and manages exceptions and audits to accurately reflect productivity measurements.
• Follows up on required Cox University course completion to keep the knowledge base and required certifications current.
• Reports and follows up on Customer Care tool failure.
• Attends job-related training and informally remains current on Cox’s telephony, data, and video products and offerings, sales and leadership through completion of required/recommended training program.
• 3 years of work experience in an advanced customer service role within a customer service or sales performance driven environment. Duties should have included leadership or coaching elements, either formally as a positional leader, or informally as a peer mentor, team coach, or from such internal positions as Customer Advocate Rep/ Performance Specialist.
• 1 year of work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
• Excellent skills in effective communication, delivering customer service, demonstrating enterprise-wide thinking, developing self and others, leading change, modeling accountability, PC skills, problem solving, reading comprehension, reasoning, sales aptitude, technical aptitude, and translating and executing strategy, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
• AA /AS or BA/BS degree in a related field
• 2 year demonstrated supervisory experience (formally or informally as defined above)
• 2 year demonstrated experience coaching for improved performance (formally or informally as defined above)
• 2 year experience in Technical Support (e.g., troubleshooting or Supervising troubleshooting of basic hardware, software, and/or connectivity issues)
• Experience monitoring calls or work order quality
• Experience in a position meeting sales goals or coaching people to meet sales goals
• Experience handling escalations from customers
• Experience working in a care center environment with customer experience focus
• Knowledge and proficiency with ICOMS
• Communications industry experience
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.