Art Director, Multiplatform Design
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Oxygen is looking for a “hands-on” Art Director to join our creative team. We are looking for a person who has experience in multiplatform creative, with a strong background in graphic design. This person will be responsible for developing creative campaigns, from ideation through production, across all platforms. Areas of concentration range from Off Air Graphics, Key Art, Digital Marketing Creative, Ad Sales fulfillment, Events, and anything else that falls under the Brand Marketing purview. This person will function as both image maker and art director, collaborating with designers, in and out of house, in the day-to-day production of creative design solutions that serve the company’s strategic needs while maintaining brand consistency. An ability to align with cross-discipline teams including promo, motion graphics, social and marketing, while delivering assets in a fast-paced work environment is essential. Major point, candidate needs to prove they are a fan of the true crime space and is ok working on this type of programming in a cross-platform environment.
Key ResponsibilitiesReport to the Creative Director, will be responsible for developing campaigns and creating identity and branding for all internal and partner initiatives.Create and direct concepts and design for all media including: social tactics, product-driven campaigns and programming, print and digital advertising, photo shoots, online marketing collateral, campaign and website graphics, and more.Stretch creatively with each new project, while keeping company objectives and strategic goals in mind.Participate in brainstorm and planning meetings. Ensure all final work meets Oxygen creative standards by ensuring they are high-quality design and adhere to the network style guide.Leverage in house talent as well as identify and manage outside creatives.Collaborate in any necessary photo shoots and provide direction to photographers in order to achieve desired style of photography. Provide clear vision on how to execute content across all platforms assigned to the Brand.Translate partners needs into unique and compelling creative social concepts based on the approved strategy & budgets.Foster teamwork and a collaborative work environment. Inspire team morale and contribute to the overall creative culture.Stay abreast of all technologies used in social media, with an eye toward future expansion. Stay in-tune with cultural and design trends, as well as, emerging talent.
• Minimum 5 years of Digital/Print experience with attention to social platforms.
• Must have strong communication and presentation skills and be comfortable managing up to network senior executives.
• Advanced knowledge in MacOS and Adobe design software, specifically: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Skill in Adobe XD & After Effects a plus.
• Must have organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
• Is self-directed and motivated.
• Be effective in a deadline-driven workflow with varying priorities and stakeholders.
• Ability to work independently, as well in a team situation and with clients, working under pressure, and juggling multiple stages of development are required.
• Ability to manage a variety of projects.
• High emotional intelligence and the ability to deal with a high-demand, fast paced, results-driven environment.
• Keen understanding of digital and print best practices.
• Conceptual thinker with a demonstrated experience in Design, Photography and Art Direction.
• Expertise in using and executing all programs that are needed to create print and social content.
• Strong typographic skills are a must.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #49468BR)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.