Sr. Manager, Insights & Measurement
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBC Universal is looking for an experienced consumer insights specialist to join the Ad Sales Insights & Measurement team. The Senior Manager of I&M will support research and measurement efforts for the NBCU Portfolio. Responsibilities in this area include: understanding consumer behavior of NBCU audiences, identifying client challenges and opportunities, and connecting consumers to NBCU's offerings. He/she will work with other team members across I&M in the planning, creation and communication of client measurement initiatives and the development of consumer insights through data analyses and storytelling. Will work closely with the Insights Storytelling team to build strong sales & marketing materials that showcase the power of the NBCU portfolio. This role also includes strategic sales support of senior sales leadership, agency portals and portfolio marketing teams to maximize yield and hit revenue goals.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
A strategic and creative problem solver who has the ability to identify and develop actionable insights through audience and consumer research. You must possess the business and analytical acumen necessary to interpret and anticipate client needs, understand business implications, and position insights effectively. This individual should have outstanding communication and presentation skills to report findings, engage with clients and across I&M teams to identify ways to measure efficacy of media spend, and proactively influence change within the organization.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
•To develop a deep understanding of media consumption across NBCU audiences across all platforms and devices.
•To partner with key stakeholders to identify and package category intelligence for all teams.
•To respond to client objectives with solutions that tap into NBCU’s vast resources.
•To leverage the expertise of the broader NBCU Insights & Measurement team to reposition existing media research, support sales initiatives, and inform marketers with distinctive consumer insights that lead to deeper partnerships.
•To be an effective presenter and clear communicator.
•To be future forward and proactively partner with cross functional teams to develop innovative approaches to measurement
•And most importantly, to live the values of collaboration and teamwork, operating as One Team across NBCU Insights & Measurement
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM THIS ROLE:
•Conduct world-class research: Contribute to building robust consumer and audience insights for NBCU
•Drive impact: Work on a team that plays a critical role in delivering on a strategic goals for NBCU ad sales
•Expand your knowledge: Compliment the research expertise you’ve built throughout your career; as well as be part of a team that is leading the industry in building new measurement solutions
•Opportunity to work with smart people: Collaborate with NBCU experts across many different teams including vertical go-to-market teams, Advertising Effectiveness, Data & Insights, and Digital partnerships
•Career & professional growth: Access to resources to develop your career and professional management skills
•Professional development: Access to a number of different resources to develop your career and professional management skills
•You’ll be joining a supportive team that is highly motivated, and proud of what they do
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 6+ years’ experience in TV/media research at a media brand, agency or supplier. Experience developing category expertise at major publisher preferred
• Good understanding of media planning, attribution and ROI measurement
• Successful candidate must be a strategic thinker with a strong interest in advertising/media research, consumer insights and the tech category
• Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Focused on cultivating and growing strong internal and external relationships.
• Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
• Act proactively to anticipate and deliver on sales requests and client needs
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to foster positive work environment and develop talent
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Proficiency in TV and Digital applications and other syndicated research tools (Nielsen - NPower, Ad Intel, TV Brand Effect, Lake 5, comScore and Adobe Analytics, GfKMRI etc.)
• Knowledge of social media measurement, familiarity with ListenFirst a plus
• Primary research experience working with vendors and project management
• Previous management responsibilities required
• Capable of big data analyses, creative storytelling, data visualization and presentation development
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.