WWD: Junior Designer
- Full Time
WWD: Junior Designer
WWD has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, junior designer to join its growing design department. The Junior Designer will work a Sunday –Thursday, 3pm-11pm schedule, in our Midtown Manhattan newsroom.
Often referred to as “the fashion bible,” WWD provides a balance of timely, credible business news and key fashion trends to a dedicated readership of retailers, designers, manufacturers, marketers, financiers, Wall Street analysts, international moguls, media executives, ad agencies, socialites, and trend-makers.
The Junior Designer’s primary responsibility will be the Digital Daily, but also include the .com and bimonthly print magazine Beauty Inc. WWD operates on a news cycle and requires an individual who can think on their feet and troubleshoot visual solutions. We cover subjects ranging from breaking fashion news, designer profiles, conceptual business stories, to fashion editorials, beauty trends, menswear and financial reporting. You will be working closely with all departments of the newsroom.
Please send a link to an online portfolio or work samples in order to be considered for the position.
- Ability to work evening shift and Sunday shift: typical week is 40 hours total, Sunday –Thursday, 3pm-11pm
- Enthusiastic designer with strong attention to detail and love of type
- 1+ years of editorial design experience (internships count)
- Interest in sourcing and commissioning illustrators
- Digital design experience with interest in UX/UI
- Excellent communication skills and experience talking through editorial ideas in a lively, collaborative environment
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure handling multiple projects
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress
- Ability to create illustrations and type treatments preferred
- An interest in fashion preferred
Often referred to as “the fashion bible,” WWD provides a balance of timely, credible business news and key fashion trends to a dedicated readership of retailers, designers, manufacturers, marketers, financiers, Wall Street analysts, international moguls, media executives, ad agencies, socialites, and trend-makers. WWD’s parent company, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), is a leading digital media company, publishing, and information Services Company founded in 2003.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.