Associate Manager, Learning & Development, Penguin Random House Publisher Services
The Associate Manager, Learning & Development plays a critical role in the success of the PRHPS business through client training and communications to optimize our sales and distribution services. In order to train clients and manage the technical aspects of the role, this individual must be experienced but also have room to grow professionally. In addition teaching systems and skills to publishing professionals, this role will be responsible for coordinating programming, posting content on WordPress, creating and scheduling email communications, creating training assets, and planning events related to client education.
Penguin Random House Publisher Services (PRHPS) sells and distributes titles from over 45 client publishers and is seeking an Associate Manager, Learning & Development to join the team. This role will report to the Manager, Client Engagement & Programming to help grow our clients’ job skills and industry expertise.
The Associate Manager, Learning & Development role requires a knack for learning systems and information quickly, then training professionals of varying skill levels, learning styles, and roles. Responsible for educating employees at over 45 client publishers, this person will be involved in coordinating and training via live webinars, planning in-person events, and creating digital learning assets; these materials include videos, worksheets, articles, documentation, and more.
* Training clients on proprietary systems;
* Planning in-person events and digital webinars;
* Developing newsletters and email communications;
* Creating educational content;
* Coordinating and facilitating presentations;
* Posting training assets and articles on WordPress;
* Collaborating with operations and sales teams to assess client development needs.
* 2-3 years of experience in a field related to the book industry and/or learning;
* Ability to create easy-to-follow tutorials and guides for digital systems;
* Technologically savvy, with experience using WordPress, email marketing software, Adobe Analytics, design, and video software a plus;
* Excellent writing and presentation skills;
* Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment across departments and functions;
* Passion for learning and teaching information to varying audiences;
* Experience shaping presentations and planning events.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.