Media Manager/Art Buyer
- Full Time
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
The English Language Teaching Division is a global leader in the provision of multimedia English language teaching and learning materials. Operating in over 100 countries, it reaches millions of teachers and students each year to support the development of English language proficiency.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, organized and enthusiastic individual to join our Media team, commissioning still and moving image creation involving illustration, photography and some video/animation.
Working closely with editors and designers and external creative suppliers including freelance Media Managers, design studios, illustrators, photographers and production companies, the role will involve:
- project management, including outsourcing & managing freelance suppliers. Expertise will be required in this area as it will be the main focus of the role.
- sourcing and the commissioning of illustrations, animations & external video producers
- organizing and directing photo shoots and/or video shoot
- picture research and/or video footage research
- basic video post-production and editing desirable
- project budget management & scheduling
- commissioning production companies and attending shoots
Knowledge & experience required:
- Degree in film, design, illustration, or equivalent
- Experience of managing projects involving image (moving and still) creation
- Experience in outsourcing, including negotiating fees and managing budgets
- Experience of professional art editing / art buying (illustration and photography) and animation skills in a publishing environment desirable
- Knowledge of video production, including production, post-production, After Effects and Video Editing desirable
- Knowledge of relevant copyright and licensing law
- Experience in creating digital product and an awareness of XML, HTML5, CSS desirable
- Working knowledge of Adobe CC, MS Office, After Effects and Video Editing applications desirable
As well as the relevant knowledge and experience, you will also have:
- a strong visual sense, keen eye for detail and a passion for illustration, photography and film
- the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- the ability to manage and work within a budget
- effective negotiation and relationship building skills
- great communication skills
- an enthusiastic positive attitude
- excellent time management, task prioritizing, and scheduling skills
- experience of working with children and child model licensing beneficial
As part of your application, you may wish to attach relevant examples of your work. If you reach interview stage, you will be asked to bring along a piece of work to talk about – this can be your own work, a personal project or simply a piece of work you admire; it does not need to be ELT related.
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.