Coordinator, Stateline (Editorial Assistant)
- Part Time
Stateline Editorial Assistant
Stateline.org seeks an organized, enthusiastic editorial assistant who will assist with administrative tasks as well as graphics creation, photo location and permissions, research for stories, data verification, and production of a daily newsletter. The person also serves as a backup copy editor and will be encouraged to occasionally write for Stateline. We publish in-depth stories on state policy trends and their effects on local communities. Our work is published in major news outlets around the country. We're looking for recent college graduates with solid internships or college writing experience, or someone with a year of relevant journalism experience. An interest in data and graphics software, such as Tableau, is a plus. Stateline is an independent journalism outlet funded by The Pew Charitable Trusts, and the position is based in Pew's Washington, D.C., office.
- Associate's degree required; bachelor's degree preferred.
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience in areas such as journalism, data collection and analysis, or graphics.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Excel and Word (including track changes). Knowledge of Tableau and other graphics software is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills; ability to handle several projects at different stages simultaneously and a strong capacity to track details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including proofreading).
- Flexibility to work as part of a team or independently to meet goals. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/kmh653r2n27jvkz6