Vice President, Marketing & Communications
- Full Time
Exempt/Non Exempt: Exempt
BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us in performing arts, contemporary arts, independent media and education.
Reporting to the President, and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Vice President (VP) of Marketing & Communications will architect and lead the execution of BRIC’s marketing and communications strategy and serve as the senior marketing leader on the President’s team. The VP will: elevate BRIC’s messaging to all audiences, and promote and amplify BRIC’s diverse offerings through frequent and positive media coverage in meaningful outlets; evolve BRIC’s visual identity and drive breakthrough creative output; work in partnership with the senior leaders of BRIC’s performing arts, contemporary arts and community education departments and BRIC’s Development team to achieve the organization’s goals; and, build, manage and mentor the Marketing and Design organization, currently comprised of 7 full-time employees, select freelancers and external agencies.
- Craft a holistic marketing strategy for BRIC that reflects its vision, mission & values and diverse areas of artistic focus; advances the organization’s profile; and supports the organization in achieving its ambitions. Determine marketing KPIs and the tools required to track them
- Develop coordinated, single prioritized editorial view of BRIC institutional/parent brand messaging and ongoing initiatives
- Develop and nurture relationships with key media/journalists in the non-profit, arts, entertainment, music and lifestyle arenas across print, digital and broadcast media, and in business and tech categories. Manage external PR agencies. Develop/oversee creation of compelling video content and written materials, including press releases, e-news, briefing materials, pitch letters and Q&A for external and internal audiences. Codify BRIC’s tone of voice and ensure its consistent deployment
- Codify, evolve and reinforce BRIC’s brand and visual identity. Serve as BRIC’s brand steward and creative director.
- Collaborate with BRIC’s Development team in forging meaningful third party partnerships and relationships with thought leaders and influencers. Ensure the brilliant marketing execution of partnership/sponsorship initiatives for key BRIC programs and events
- Build, lead and mentor the in-house Marketing and Design team, optimizing this group for success
- Effectively deploy annual marketing budget to meet strategic objectives
- 10+ years’ experience in marketing and communications at cultural organizations (for-profit, non-profit and/or agency)
- Pre-existing, strong, genuine media and industry relationships
- Demonstrated experience leading a young team and working effectively and influentially across diverse functions
- Previous experience managing budgets; fiscally responsible
- Digitally fluent across platforms and media
- Passion for the arts and a keen creative eye
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Spanish-language a plus
Salary and Schedule
This is a full-time salaried position with a full benefits package. Salary is approximately $100K - $120K depending on experience.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Vice President, Marketing & Communications. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of color and others who are under-represented in the cultural sector. Our application period is open until we have a diverse and qualified pool of candidates.
Apply for Vice President, Marketing & Communications
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly