Creative Services Writer / Producer
- Full Time
WMUR-TV, has an immediate opening for a creative, highly motivated marketing pro with a passion for crafting the right message and getting results.
Can you think big? Know your way around a camera? Can you make copy sing? Know how to produce an idea from concept to delivery? Do you have the drive to get that spot just right?
We need a creative collaborator to join our team. We need someone who can see the bigger picture and help dream up new ways to make a splash. We need someone who starts with a fresh approach rather than how it’s always been done before.
The ideal candidate must have excellent written communication skills, demonstrate strong marketing judgment and be able to produce compelling promotion in multiple mediums. Must be an analytical, strategic thinker as well as an imaginative, big idea dreamer.
This is an opportunity to work for Hearst Television Inc., one of the nation’s leading multi-platform media companies, in a complex and unique market. If you aspire to grow as a marketing professional and are ready to create memorable work that gets results, apply today.
- Write and produce compelling, effective topical news, special report, and station image promotion under tight deadlines
- Work with artists, news producers, reporters, photographers, management and others to create timely and persuasive promotional materials across multiple platforms
- Use the station’s social media and digital platforms to drive awareness, viewing and audience engagement
- Other duties as assigned by the Creative Services Director
- At least 1 year experience writing copy and producing video and other promotional collateral in a broadcast, mass media or agency environment required
- Must be a proficient non-linear editor. Adobe Premiere preferred.
- Experience with other compositing and production software, especially Adobe After Effects a major plus
- Production knowledge and experience with cameras, lighting and related equipment a plus
- Must be able to work quickly, under tight deadlines and produce quality results at a level congruent with one of the largest television markets in the country
- Must understand and be able to analyze, identify and articulate the most marketable elements to a story, program, platform or product
- Must understand the nuances, advantages and disadvantages unique to each media platform
- Qualified candidates will also have an understanding of the technical mechanics involved in 4K and High Definition production
- Must have full-time availability, including late and occasional early and weekend hours during major station projects or breaking news events
- Takes a proactive approach to problem solving, and freely contributes to the creative process. Both gives and takes direction and constructive feedback well
- College degree or military training in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field