Vice President, Social & Content Marketing, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
The VP Social & Content Marketing is responsible for turning brand strategies and insights into successful social and digital campaigns, focused on driving top of the funnel reach, engagement, community and awareness KPIs (in addition to some consideration in the middle funnel) across multiple organic touchpoints.
Serve as lead on all organic social and content marketing – drive strategy and voice for organic social, community, digital content and brand email among others.Partner across marketing team and larger organization to drive collaboration, efficiencies and creative excellence Serve as audience expert, driving growth of consumer/fan awareness, community groups, and influencers.Develop and execute brand tone and voice across social channels, build and evangelize milestone calendar, provide copy support across the organization.Collaborate with paid social to super-charge prospecting/retargeting effortsDevelop and support partnerships with key platform and agency partners; use industry expertise to look for new opportunities and engagements.
• 15+ years experience in journalism, content marketing, social or similar evidencing a passion for engaging brand storytelling
• 5+ years experience building and running mid-to-large-size teams, including experience mentoring junior, mid- and senior-level team members
• Deep understanding of the fast-evolving digital content and social space, including best practices and what’s next
• Deep understanding of social algorithms with a particular expertise in launching successful new social channels
• Laser-focus on meeting both consumer needs and business goals with a record of impressive KPI growth in past roles
• Ability to thrive in situations with tight deadlines and fast-moving parameters
• Strong organizational skills and exceptional written and verbal communication skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.