Variety: Executive Producer, Content Studio
- Full Time
Variety: Executive Producer, Content Studio
Variety is hiring an experienced and innovative Executive Producer for its award-winning content studio. The Executive Producer is a critical member of the growing branded content team, working within an extremely fast-paced entertainment news-based and creative environment. From video content for social media strategies, developing solutions for sponsored editorial content, to shooting content in our studios or on location, the Executive Producer will help grow our content footprint in the digital space in multiple story formats. This role is based in our Los Angeles office.
Reporting to the VP, Global Brand Partnerships of Variety Content Studio (VCS), the Executive Producer will oversee the production of all of Variety Content Studio’s video and audio storytelling. With the ultimate goal of telling the most visually compelling stories possible, he/she will work with senior producers and social media manager to establish the VCS team, including formulating workflow and task delegation, collaborating with other internal Variety teams, formulating VCS’ role in the ideation process, leading creative production, hiring crews, identifying story subjects through casting, formulating and vetting budgets, spearheading shoots and post production and being responsible for the creative end-product.
This role requires someone with an extensive creative production background who is excited about branded content, documentary storytelling, series development for linear, social and OTT platforms, sponsored editorial, innovative video formats, custom podcasting and producing for the digital space. An entrepreneurial mindset with experience building, structuring and scaling new video production teams is essential as this role is critical in defining the future growth of the studio.
Only applicants that submit Cover Letters, Resumes and Video Reels will be considered*******
- Establish the Variety Content Studio Team and workflow, including structuring the team and assessing talent and resource needs
- Oversee two senior producers, content marketing manager and roster of free-lancers
- In response to RFPs or proactive pitches, come up with story format execution ideas (video, article, podcast, etc.) that drive brand goals while appealing to the Variety readership
- Oversee the development of detailed creative treatments and story boards outlining creative vision and production schedule of each execution
- Persuasively present creative vision to the Variety sales, client and agency teams
- Oversee and vet detailed production budgets
- Oversee all facets of production, from pre-production to post
- Accountability for the final creative product on all video and audio productions
- Research and become an expert in emerging video formats, including 360-degree immersive, interactive video, AR and VR.
- Scout locations, identify story subjects for casting, and write interview questions or scripts when appropriate
- Collaborate with internal teams such as Marketing, Ad Ops, Legal, Design and Editorial to develop client solutions related to RFPs and proactive pitches
- Continuously update the VP, Global Brand Partnerships and the VCS team in addition to sales
- Prepare assets for client feedback and approval and execute on their notes in alignment with VCS policies
- 10+ years of experience as lead creative producer for publisher, broadcaster or creative agency
- Experience directing shoots and being responsible for final creative product
- Branded content production experience
- Ability to oversee all facets of production: formulating budgets; hiring production companies, directors, DPs, editors, talent, etc.; identifying story subjects/locations; and conducting interviews.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee large and small crew shoots
- Passion for documentary storytelling
- Use experience and intuition to capture the voice and tone of Variety
- Deadline and detail-oriented; incredibly proactive
- Fluency in core video social platforms and best practices for video integration
- Ability to work efficiently and seamlessly across multiple projects, platforms and stakeholders
- Show strong leadership in establishing a collaborative, productive and empathetic culture and work environment
- Extensive network of production companies, video directors and editors
- Be available for travel to location shoots and events when appropriate