- Full Time
About the Center
The Center for NYC Neighborhoods (“the Center”) promotes and protects affordable homeownership in New York so that middle- and working-class families are able to build strong, thriving communities. Established by public and private partners, the Center meets the diverse needs of homeowners throughout New York State by offering free, high-quality housing services. The Center’s current projects support our policy goals and help to keep homeownership affordable by responding to the ongoing effects of the foreclosure crisis, the rising cost of homeownership, predatory scams, rising sea levels, and extreme weather.
We are looking for a Communications Manager energized by the opportunity to produce engaging and inspiring digital and print materials for our audiences. We seek someone who is creative, organized, and committed to ensuring high standards. This person will also serve as a brand ambassador for the entire organization. This is a full-time, exempt New York-based employee who reports to the Deputy Director of Communications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Taking leadership role on all communications strategies, tasks, and responsibilities to serve our core audiences of homeowners, policy makers and funders
- Identifying tactics for reaching our core audiences, through print, video and other media
- Producing compelling content in the form of blog and social media posts to engage our audiences across digital platforms
- Managing city-wide campaigns for multiple programs with budgets in excess of $500,000
- Helping craft core messages to drive engagement of programs in coordination with stakeholders
- Collaborating on developing storytelling across the Center for various audiences
- Assisting in coordinating and editing of all external-facing materials
- Assisting with the creation of media campaigns through email marketing
- Serving as brand ambassador for the organization
Preferred behavioral strengths:
- Demonstrate Ownership by showing initiative, acting conscientious, and putting team results above individual accomplishments
- Demonstrate Growth Mindset through resilience (rebounding and learning from challenges, setbacks, and failures), engaging in expansive thinking (constantly exploring new ideas, strategies, and resources to solve problems), and showing curiosity (eager to get to the bottom of things and understand the "why" behind them)
- Works collaboratively by demonstrating the ability to work in teams, exhibiting emotional intelligence (emotionally self-regulating and empathetic in relating to others), and having positive energy (everyone's outlook and attitude improves when you are present)
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Understanding of social media and their use in non-profits
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to tailor messages for different audiences
- Passion for new media and trends in communications
- Basic graphic design skills preferred
- Basic proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Canva
- Experience with vendors
- Background or interest in housing issues preferred
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter with salary requirements and resume via the link https://cnycn.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=68/source=mediabistro.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled.
No phone calls, please.
Accepting resumes until position is filled.
The Center for NYC Neighborhoods is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, upgrade, train, and promote for all positions and job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital, veteran or disabled veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other status as a member of any other legally protected group or activity.
To learn more, visit cnycn.org