Senior Press Manager, Communications, E! Entertainment
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Operations & Strategy
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
• Oversee and create innovative press campaigns and strategies for the network’s key franchises including “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” “Botched” and other series.
• Generate press materials including press releases, ratings releases, press strategies, bios, pitch letters, website content and media alerts.
• Pitch stories to national and local media, including print, digital, and broadcast.
• Create and supervise press activities for series including interviews, photo shoots, press tours, junkets and more.
• Media train and prepare talent and executives for interviews, appearances, panels, press conferences and trade shows.
• Cover talent talk show bookings, satellite media tours, press junkets, print interviews, on-set visits, photo shoots and broadcast and production-related activities for the network.
• Proactively identify breakthrough trends in social media to maximize series coverage while working closely with the digital and social team to create and drive cross-platform opportunities.
• Service daily media requests and act as network source of information on programs.
• Work closely with internal departments to create and execute strategies, network goals, announcements and presentations.
• Cultivate relationships with talent, producers personal representatives, agents, managers, production companies, media and programming executives in order to ensure maximum coverage.
• Coordinate press efforts with outside PR agency to successfully execute show campaign strategies when needed.
• Assist department on special events including premiere parties, press junkets, red carpets, Upfront events and Television Critics Association.
• Monitor competitive environment via daily review of competitive/industry news.
• Additional duties assigned as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 4 years of experience in PR/Communications
• Previous experience in the television / media industry
• Publicity experience with news and unscripted series at a cable network or related entertainment company is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to identify coverage opportunities beyond the television pages and utilize emerging social media trends when promoting series.
• Extensive relationships with a broad range of national and local press outlets, reporters, bloggers, bookers and producers.
• Experience interfacing with high-profile talent, top industry executives and media.
• Ability to prioritize and juggle numerous projects and deadlines within an extremely fast paced and high volume environment.
• Exhibit strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work both independently and with a team.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
E! is the only global, multi-platform brand for all things pop culture. The network is currently available to 91 million cable and satellite subscribers in the U.S and 161 countries globally. “E! News” airs nightly on the network and is the leading multi-platform publisher delivering breaking entertainment news and pop culture coverage 24/7 across EOnline.com and all digital and social media. E! programming includes popular series "Keeping Up with the Kardashians," "Total Divas," “Total Bellas,” "Botched," "Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry,” “Very Cavallari” and its newest late night topical series “Busy Tonight.” The brand’s robust digital programming slate includes “E! News’ The Rundown” “Face Forward” and “What The Fashion" on Snapchat. E!’s "Live from the Red Carpet" signature events keep fans connected to their favorite stars on pop culture's biggest nights and on November 11 E! becomes the home of the “People’s Choice Awards.” E! is a network of NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. For more corporate information, visit www.nbcuniversal.com.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.