Readily is a new storytelling-focused mobile app and we’re growing our small startup team. We’re looking for a creative, organized, and highly driven Content Manager to help build and curate our digital storytelling and storyteller engagement.
Our mission is to connect global audiences with original and creative stories tied to a sense of place. We want to build and foster a community of storytellers and readers interested in exchanging thoughtfully told stories that will be discoverable through our app, based on the reader's location. Our vision is to make Readily one of the most accessible and relevant destinations for modern storytelling.
While this is a remote position, we’re looking for candidates that are based in NYC and have a deep knowledge of the city (NYC is our first location we’re building out).
The ideal candidate will be a natural storyteller, a strong writer, and have an intuitive understanding of the changing media landscape, cross-platform publishing and changing user behaviors around content consumption. They will be excited to join a small team and hustle hard to grow an audience of local storytellers and engaged readers around the Readily app, leveraging email marketing, digital advertising and social media.
The Content Manager is a part-time, 15-20 hours per week, remote position, with the ideal candidate based in NYC.
The ability to work independently, deliver excellent work, and to always be finding new ways to improve productivity and operational efficiency will be essential.
Knowledge of NYC—the city’s unique stories and places, as well as its local communities—is necessary.
- Research and write short, compelling, emotionally impactful, place-based stories.
- Find unique and seldom-known stories tied to a place in NYC.
- Review written and researched content and edit it into a format for use in the app.
- Edit and curate submitted stories, encouraging users to submit and build their confidence with constructive feedback.
- Perform outreach to prospective storytellers and communities we’d like to invite to participate in the app.
- Organize and manage the flow of content and user engagement outreach.
- Interface regularly with the founding team to share insights and learnings.
- Use social media as a tool to build user base and engagement.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience and Skills:
- 3+ as a content manager, ideally with a background in journalism, editing or digital media
- Proven ability to be focused and effective, balancing priorities and tasks in a startup environment with a high degree of ambiguity and flexibility
- Proven ability to deliver consistently high-quality work while working independently
- Exceptional communication skills within a remote team
- Strong work ethic, hustle, and problem solving skills
Knowledge and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Literature, History or a related field
- Familiarity with NYC and its local communities.
Readily provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy and any other category protected by law.