Social Media Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
Media Matters for America - a progressive, Washington, D.C-based, nonprofit research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media - seeks a candidate with extensive experience executing social media strategies to serve as the Social Media Manager in the Research and Engagement Department.
The Social Media Manager oversees Media Matters’ social media strategies. The Social Media Manager manages social media platforms on a day-to-day basis and works with the digital team in the production of creative content for Media Matters’ online audiences.
- Reports To: The Social Media Manager reports to the News Director.
- Social Media Platforms: The Social Media Manager will oversee the social media footprint of Media Matters. The Social Media Manager will manage content creation for social media platforms, including original content creation for Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and Twitter. The Social Media Manager will work with the digital team regarding ads on those platforms.
- Advocacy and Fundraising Support: The Social Media Manager will help to coordinate social media, email, and related assets surrounding Media Matters’ campaigns, events, and fundraisers in conjunction with staff campaigners.
- Analytics: The Social Media Manager will oversee analytics tracking for all social platforms and use the data to improve Media Matters’ reach and impact.
- SEO and Headline Coordination: The Social Media Manager, along with others on the digital team, will work with other departments to shape headlines and frame content to optimize it for Media Matters’ various audiences.
- At least two to five years of experience managing/overseeing social media platforms. Please list any and all social media platforms you have professional experience with and include examples of social media content you have created.
- Strong interest in the news media and the effects conservative misinformation has on our public debate, specifically in how misinformation travels in digital spaces.
- Understanding of the 24-hour news cycle and how to identify elements with viral potential.
- Experience creating successful digital content on various platforms.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, and preferably knowledge of other digital production tools.
- Ability to be a self-starter who can excel both independently and in a team setting.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and quickly adapt to new challenges.
- Ability to manage a team with diverse responsibilities.
Media Matters for America offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please visit https://www.mediamatters.org/jobs to apply through our online portal. No phone calls, please. We can respond only to candidates whom we are contacting for an interview.
Media Matters for America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or disability.