Sales Marketing Coordinator, Random House
Founded in 1925, Random House is the proud publishing house of the world’s most acclaimed storytellers, thought leaders, and innovators. Our host of imprints—including Ballantine, Bantam, Broadway, Crown, Currency, Convergent, Delacorte, Del Rey, The Dial Press, Forum, Hogarth, Image, The Modern Library, One World, Random House, and Tim Duggan Books—publish original fiction and nonfiction in all formats with the mission to entertain, educate and inspire readers for generations.
We are currently seeking a Sales Marketing Coordinator to join the Random House marketing department. The innovative team orchestrating materials for our industry-leading sales reps is seeking someone with a passion for organization and a flair for project management. You enjoy finding ways to streamline— both processes and copy. You notice details others don’t. And you aim to think five steps ahead. You’ve mastered proofreading, excel, and PowerPoint during your 2-3 years in publishing or trafficking, and enjoy an environment where each day is different than the last. And perhaps most of all, you want to help spread the word about amazing books that entertain, enlighten, and inform.
* Coordinating sales materials and meetings, and creating schedules for seasonal sales cycles
* Communicating sales needs and deadlines to publishers, editors, art, and marketing/publicity; Following up on deadlines
* Managing early reading materials (manuscripts, excerpts, advance reading copies)
* Routing catalogue copy and other sales materials
* Proofreading/copyediting catalogue copy and other sales materials
* Creating PowerPoint presentations for sales meetings, and sell sheets and sample books for sales calls
* Departmental administrative duties as needed
* Computer proficiency essential with working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* Candidate must be personable, attentive to detail, highly organized, flexible, and able to juggle multiple tasks and successfully prioritize them.
* Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills required for this fast-paced environment
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process. Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.