Sales Manager, Seattle
- Full Time
To support our mission to educate, entertain and enrich the lives of our readers, putting books in their hands, wherever, however and whenever they choose, we need exceptional people!
The Quarto Group is seeking a Sales Manager, Seattle to be responsible for the direction and development and of all custom titles produced from our Seattle imprints. He or she will work with in house creative team to develop between 35 and 40 titles a year. This person should be comfortable working with profit and loss statements as well as balance sheet accounts. Located in our Seattle area office location, the Sales Manager, Seattle is fiscally responsible for the profitability of the program and will report to the US VP of Sales. Come join our team!
The key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Oversee all Custom Packaging product concepts with creative team; determines which concepts to further develop, based on market interest and division resources.
- Content development: reinvent backlist material, source new content through negotiating license agreements with other publishers, advises Seattle publishing teams on acquisitions that will translate to Custom product.
- Reviews and approves content for all product.
- Approves design and packaging concepts for products. Manages efforts of creative team to develop new formats.
- Responsible for on-time delivery to each customer.
- Continually seeks to expand product line into new areas consistent with assigned publishing category.
- Produces reliable, pertinent reports on state of business.
- Develop book budgets and profit statements.
- Monitor schedules and budgets to ensure compliance.
- Generate annual forecast, annual division expense budget, and monthly reforecasts.
- Present products and pricing and secure sales with a diverse range of customers.
- Builds and maintains client relationships.
- Business development: scouts and pursues new accounts, determines strategy for division's growth.
- Liaison with Quarto sales channels (Specialty, International, Co-editions, et al) to build sales and diversify marketplace presence.
- Present titles for proprietary editions to appropriate accounts.
- Process purchase orders, obtain shipping and safety regulations for each account.
- Attend Book Fairs to represent Custom Packaging's offerings.
- Produces monthly sales reports and analysis, and call reports.
Do you have the following skills and qualifications?
- Ability to develop and manage an entire publishing imprint, from product development to analysis of marketing efforts.
- Ability to creatively conceive and develop new product; adept at evaluating content and design
- Active experience with title acquisition, both in royalty models and work-for-hire models.
- Basic understanding of publishing budgets and accounting.
- Knowledge of safety laws and testing
- 5 to 7 years' experience in a related position for a publisher with national product distribution.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Management experience with direct-report relationships
- Knowledge of licensing industry.
...then we want to hear from you!
To apply please submit cover letter, salary expectations and resume.
We offer a competitive benefits package! Visit https://www.quarto.com/careers for more information.
QuartoUS is an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.