Video Production Manager & Master Storyteller (Remote & Full-time)
- Full Time
This is your opportunity to join our team and build a state-of-the-art video production storytelling team from the comfort of your own home for a rapidly scaling, profitable, 8-figure company. We’re looking for a master storyteller with a strong creative vision who can tell our brand’s authentic story.
We’re fully hitting our stride in the exploding $250+ billion health and wellness field. And this is your chance to help make a meaningful impact on the lives of people who struggle with their health by accelerating our ability to penetrate this market with our robust product offerings (see more below).
To that end, our goal is to build the first billion-dollar brand that’s 100% remote…and need your help.
To summarize the key points:
- Salary: $65,000 - $95,000, depending upon experience
- Location: 100% Remote
- Benefits: Full Insurance (health, dental & long-term disability) + Robust 401k
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 (and very flexible)
- Culture: High-Performance but Humble (no jerks)
Who are We Looking For?
A full-time, highly experienced, brilliant and charismatic video producer/editor with a passion for telling great stories that motivate people to action. This is a full-time, 100% remote position with a flexible work/vacation schedule as lifestyle is hugely important to our company.
Our products fundamentally change people’s lives for the better. Because of that, we’re sitting on a goldmine of highly motivating life transformation stories. We leverage these stories for our paid ads, for social media and for branded content. We need a strong storyteller to unearth this goldmine.
We’re looking someone with a deep background as both a shooter and editor. (Please share a link to your video demo reel when you apply!) A results-oriented leader with strong organizational skills, who embraces risk and innovation.
Someone with experience leading and inspiring a small tight-knit team of creatives (e.g. producers, shooters, editors, etc.) as well as agency partners and freelance talent, as needed. Experience intelligently stitching together in-house resources with the appropriate outsourced talent is huge.
The right individual is passionate about the art of storytelling, intimate with today’s modern video tech and has a deep understanding of production trends and best practices. You’re comfortable collaborating across teams, on short and long-term projects, and seeing projects through from ideation to final delivery.
A curious mind with a desire for autonomy while excelling in an open, truly collaborative culture of high performers makes would make you a perfect fit. These aren’t talking points. This is what we do, now.
We’re on pace to double this year and repeat that next year. To that end, we need more help scaling our video production output so we can handle our next leg of growth. We’re laser-focused on recruiting someone with a business mindset who loves to solve problems by developing best-in-class video who enjoys having immediate, visible influence on the company’s results.
The ideal person is extremely results-driven and gets tremendous satisfaction from having their work see the light of day quickly… and being motivated by seeing the impact it has. We want someone of who obsesses about and loves to produce/edit… but also someone who loves to think big and be bold.
Projects include everything from creating compelling customer testimonial videos to thought-leadership videos to, video tutorials that teach our metabolism-first approach, in-studio productions such as workout programs and podcasts and viral videos meant to power our social media content campaigns.
The ideal person is extremely self-motivated, loves to grind out work consistently and is comfortable being hands-on in all facets of video production, from the interview to the finished product. You’re a creative problem solver who can manage all elements of a video’s pre-production, production and post-production process, including planning, scheduling and editing.
We empower our people with a lot of autonomy and responsibility for some very meaty projects that have very large $ impacts. To that end, this opportunity is suited only for a high-performing production manager with an integrative mindset and proven ability to get things done cleanly and on time.
You will work hand-in-hand with our Head of Content, Co-Founder and other leadership team members to maximize your work, while encouraging you to take risks, fail quickly and push your creative boundaries. You will be surrounded by a company and team that understands exactly how important video is in today’s world.
Just as we obsess about creating metabolism-optimizing products that get the most results in the least time, we’re looking for someone equally obsessed about doing the same thing with producing the highest quality video possible as measured by what delivers the best results for the company.
While your production and editing skills are important, it's how fast you process information, how quickly (and accurately) you can cycle through work and how well you work with the rest of our team that's crucial. To that end, communication is key to this role, as is the ability to self-motivate and quickly turn great creative into a project that you can jump on immediately.
Who is This Opportunity Perfect for?
Anybody who truly is a top video editor and producer who might relate to any of these:
If you’re tired of the commute, sick of burning the midnight oil, stress is dominating your life, and the cost of real estate is eating up your retirement, this is your opportunity to take back control, live life under your own terms and design a lifestyle that brings you joy, happiness and satisfaction.
Or, if you’ve always wanted to be a part of the thrill of a rapidly growing company, but didn’t want to move to an expensive big city with all the madness, stress and high cost that brings, this is your opportunity to stay where you are (or move to where you always wanted to go) to design your ideal life.
Or, if you’re drowning in the corporate or agency world, suffocating from constantly shifting priorities that nobody agrees on, jumping from one fire to the next, incessant scope creep, micromanaging bosses, endless meetings, constant interruptions and no respect for the quiet time you need to actually get work done, this is your opportunity to simplify and go deep – to pour your heart and soul into ONE big opportunity… and scale it like never before.
Regardless of your situation, whether you prefer to work in the quiet of your own home, sipping a delicious cup of coffee at your favorite coffee shop, or outside enjoying the sunshine on a bright, beautiful day… AND you are a humble, high-performing individual who would THRIVE in this type of environment, then please read on, as we can’t wait to meet you.
What are the Requirements?
- 10+ years of experience in video production, editing and project management.
- Expert with video editing software, such as Avid, Adobe Premier and Final Cut Pro.
- Highly organized, in particular with projects and corresponding video files and folders.
- Manage and oversee all technical aspects of video editing, including audio aspects.
- Produce 2-3 video ads per day, including ad variations.
- Excellent communicator with above average problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft programs, such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a remote environment with little day-to-day interaction from co-workers.
- MUST be able to produce quality projects autonomously, on-time and within budget.
What Will You Be Responsible for?
- Create world-class video content, starting with video ads for various paid ad channels and evolving into a wide range of projects, such as in-studio productions for web, mobile and television.
- Lead meetings with creative team, communicate initiatives and participate in regular brainstorm sessions with the leadership team and agency partners to pitch ideas and ensure we are always innovating and setting the standards within our Industry.
- Collaborate with colleagues to organize video efforts for myriad projects, both internal and external.
- Manage video production workflow to ensure you’re delivering on time and under budget in the efficient ways possible.
- Ability to produce, shoot and edit videos, whenever needed vs relying on others to execute. Getting your hands dirty in all facets of this process is a must.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with direct reports, and provide feedback, coaching and guidance as needed.
What You'll Enjoy from Us:
- Competitive Compensation – This respects the fact that you are a needle in a haystack, a true high-performer who any company would die for to have on their team.
- Flexible Benefits – While we offer an excellent benefits package, we can customize it to your specific situation, rather than forcing you to accept something that may not make sense for you.
- 100% Remote – A fantastic remote lifestyle with flexible hours when needed with the ability to carve out time to do what you love.
- Curated Team – Peace of mind knowing we only recruit high-performing, humble people and that you’ll be surrounded by a supportive, high-energy team that respects you and your work.
If this sounds like a good fit, if you’re excited to do something challenging and meaningful that preserves your ability to enjoy life to the fullest, then please apply ASAP as we can’t wait to meet you!