Penguin Random House Online & Digital Sales is looking for a highly organized, analytically-minded Assistant to join the Metadata Team. Supporting the Director, four Managers and four Analysts, the Assistant will help optimize our extensive list of titles for online retail and share data-driven best practices across the company.
If you are interested in book publishing and the ever-changing, fast-paced world of online and digital sales, this may be the perfect position for you!
Specific responsibilities include:
* Implementing metadata optimization of frontlist and backlist.
* Tracking seasonal opportunities and maintaining a schedule for the ongoing maintenance of “living metadata.”
* Assisting the Analysts with running reports, and with the maintenance of databases and tools.
* Gathering data from a variety of sources and working with the Managers to communicate insights and results to stakeholders.
* Preparing for meetings by scheduling conference rooms, creating presentations, and distributing materials.
Providing general administrative support for the department.
• Interest in book publishing and sales
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to work comfortably with numbers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Proactive with strong organizational and follow up skills
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Proficiency with Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Prior office experience a plus
Salary for this position is $40,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.