Vice President, Media Strategy & Planning, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Develop overall planning, execution, and maintenance of media plans, budgets, and schedulesOwn paid mass media campaigns, including media planning, execution, and measurementDrive innovation and implement testing strategies to continually optimize, improve performance and enhance learning by evaluating media impact on ROI and brand metricsUnderstand and implement media attribution best practices to effectively deliver important metrics and innovateBuild a scalable media strategy that drives ongoing usage and viewership within the platformCollaborate with brand and performance marketing leadership using a datacentric approach to align objectives and strategies focused on the overarching KPICraft a global vision for media that meets short-term and long-term business goalsResponsible for driving the media agency to provide insightful and innovative media plans and inform the overall marketing campaign strategy based on knowledge of the media landscape, media performance, and creative performanceOwn management, reporting and evaluation for a large cross-platform media budgetCollaborate with and present plans to senior internal and external executives; manage media team and ensure they deliver work of the highest qualityWork with the larger portfolio on broader and group media dealsUnderstand the competitive media landscape and keep abreast of industry trends to identify new opportunities to drive category leadership through brand media
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
The Vice President, Media Strategy & Planning is responsible for driving forward our D2C media planning, buying and measurement through campaigns that build awareness and acquire users in an efficient manner in all channels including OOH, Digital, Video and audio. This role serves as the key link between the brand and performance marketing teams and will be a crucial voice in the overall media planning phase of launch and constantly review and reset budgets based on larger business goals. This role is a dual report to the Executive Vice President, Marketing and Digital and the Senior Vice President, Marketing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The ideal candidate will be a media leader with a track record of building world-class D2C campaigns for media and entertainment companies that encompass both brand and performance marketing. This person will need a deep knowledge of the entire scope of paid media as well as experience in finance and forecasting to fully understand any implications of shifting media mix and budget.
• Minimum of 12 years of media planning experience required, with at least 6 years focused on Direct-to-Consumer businesses with brand and acquisition components
• Strong experience developing data-driven media strategies with deep understanding of how to balance a media mix between brand and acquisition campaigns to meet subscriber and user goals
• Demonstrated experience driving customer acquisition and revenue growth through the implementation of digital and traditional media strategies
• Proven ability to translate data into insights to inform and drive a holistic media strategy
• Strong knowledge of the programmatic marketplace as well as industry planning and research tools
• Exceptional understanding of digital and traditional advertising including but not limited to display, print, OOH, and digital media channels
• Deep understanding of marketing analytics and how to optimize campaigns
• Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels; proven ability to self-motivate and work independently as well as collaboratively; exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills with the ability to work flexibly across departments as well as manage internal and external partners in a dynamic environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.