Penguin Random House Online & Digital Sales is very excited to be hiring two highly curious and insightful Managers to join our innovative and collaborative Metadata Team.
Each Metadata Manager will serve as a primary liaison to a specific publishing division (Knopf Doubleday or Random House Publishing Group), overseeing and implementing “living metadata,” managing divisional communication and training on best practices and working closely with a dedicated Metadata Analyst to provide data-driven insights to stakeholders.
Some of the specific responsibilities include:
* Fielding queries and managing training in metadata best practices for editorial, marketing, publicity, and managing editorial teams.
* Working with the Metadata Analytics team on analyzing, measuring, and tracking results as they relate to discoverability and revenue.
* Ensuring the quality of metadata for frontlist titles and the ongoing optimization of backlist.
* Identifying and communicating market-relevant opportunities for metadata, publishers and sales.
* Serving as a representative on a corporate team responsible for researching and testing metadata best practices. Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.