Sales Representative-Chicago/Southern Wisconsin Based
1 day left
- Full Time
The Sales Representative will sell Hachette Book Group (HBG) & Client publisher titles (both adult and children’s) to buyers in independent bookstores in Chicago and Southern Wisconsin based. Sales Representative will maintain existing - and develop new - relationships with key business partners in those accounts, working together to develop marketing & promotional programs. The Sales Representative will communicate account & sales information related to specific imprints to company partners.
This position will report into the Field Group Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sell frontlist, backlist, promotions and more to (primarily) independent bookstore accounts, small jobber accounts and some speciality accounts.
- Manage relationships with established accounts, and develop new accounts. Generate regular feedback on titles, promotions, and sales.
- Maintain current and accurate client profiles, including purchase history, using databases
- Respond to inquiries from both publisher and account contacts.
- Maintain co-op programs and ensure management of the Marketing Plan.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Proven sales experience with a strong background in trade publishing, with at least 3 years’ experience.
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Effective communication skills (oral & written), good judgment, and excellent interpersonal skills in all aspects of business.
- Must have knowledge and experience with Edelweiss and Above The Tree Line Comfortable with regular car/air travel (license must be in good standing)
- Strong proficiency in general Computer skills, with an emphasis on Microsoft Word & Excel. Experience with databases.
- Ability to work and communicate with clients and successfully manage client relationships.
- Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed.
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through.
- Drives change and innovation by improving work product or process, and challenges established norms where appropriate.
- Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; takes the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit.