Associate Content Editor, Standards
- Full Time
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. We are a catalyst for exciting breakthroughs in computing, sustainable energy systems, aerospace, communications, robotics, healthcare, and many other disciplines that improve the quality of life. Discover your future as part of the IEEE team. Consider the following opportunity:
Associate Content Editor, Standards
The successful applicant will be expected to provide exceptional editorial production services and solutions for IEEE Working Groups, positively contributing to the reputation and image of the IEEE. Duties will include ensuring high quality standards are observed during the development phase and production; and delivering a streamlined and efficient production process where materials and services are supplied to Program Managers to ensure high integrity publications that are produced in a timely manner—meeting publication metrics and getting the publications to market faster.
- Edit and proofread materials
- Perform editorial reviews during the standards/publication development process ensuring that legal and copyright-related issues are identified and fully resolved
- Manage electronic files from multiple repositories
- Provide services to Working Groups, including document compilation
- Coordinate the adoption of other SDO’s standards
- Provide editorial support for non-standards projects, such as books, technical reports, or white papers
- Archive essential publishing-related files
- Traffic legal reviews between Program Managers and Legal Counsel
- Ensures quality production of the content
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- A minimum of two years of progressively challenging editing or project editing experience.
- Experience in graphic design and in and in XML desired but not required
Skills & Other Requirements:
- Must be a technologically savvy knowledge worker who applies the benefits of technology to his or her work environment.
- Knowledge of XML publishing tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Working knowledge of Adobe FrameMaker and Adobe Professional
- Ability to learn and practice different editorial styles; understanding of IEEE SA policies and procedures or an ability to do so.
- Ability to prioritize various tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to diplomatically interact with staff, management, and volunteers.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills are required.
Join us in an environment where people look forward to coming to work! IEEE offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k) plan with company match, a defined contribution retirement plan, a tuition reimbursement program, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, and a business casual dress code.
Please apply online by going to this URL: https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=190186&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York
Only those resumes that go through the URL from the web address will be considered. NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices: Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.