Digital and Social Media Producer
2 days left
- Full Time
Digital and Social Media Producer (Communications and College Relations Specialist) – Office of Communications and Marketing
Job ID: 20440
Compensation: Salary commensurate with education and experience
Closing Date: July 2, 2019
The Graduate Center, CUNY is the focal point for advanced teaching and research at The City University of New York (CUNY), the nation's largest urban public university. With over 35 doctoral and master’s programs of the highest caliber, the Graduate Center fosters pioneering research and scholarship in the arts and sciences and prepares students for careers in universities and the private, nonprofit, and government sectors. The Graduate Center’s commitment to research and scholarship for the public good is exemplified by its more than 30 centers, institutes, and initiatives, including its Advanced Science Research Center (ASRC), a 200,000 square-foot facility in upper Manhattan, designed to promote collaboration among scientists in five areas of global research and innovation: nanoscience, photonics, structural biology, neuroscience, and environmental sciences.
The Graduate Center (GC) benefits from highly ambitious and diverse students and alumni—who in turn teach hundreds of thousands of undergraduates every year. Through its public programs, the Graduate Center enhances New York City’s intellectual and cultural life.
The GC seeks a talented Digital and Social Media Producer to develop smart video, social media, and digital marketing content that engages key audiences and promotes the school’s excellence in scholarship and teaching and its broad public impact. The successful candidate will be an accomplished communications professional who is intellectually curious, highly creative, and passionate and knowledgeable about public graduate education. This position reports to the Director of Communications.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Leads efforts to grow audience engagement across social media platforms, especially Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn;
- In partnership with the editorial team, plans and prepares social media content that engages the GC’s highly educated, intellectually curious, and socially conscious audience and advances the GC’s reputation;
- Serves as lead producer of social media content, including copy, photos and videos. Build and manage social programming calendar;
- Carefully monitors social media channels to gather news and insights; analyzes and shares audience feedback with the broader communications team;
- Measures, analyzes and regularly reports to the team on audience sentiment, engagement, and growth using KPIs; uses data to inform content strategy;
- Develops digital advertisements, including copy and images, for digital and social advertising platforms, including Google, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn;
- Collaborates with communications team as well as Graduate Center faculty, staff, and students to develop social and digital media content;
- Designs e-newsletters and other digital marketing content, including digital signs and more;
- Provides occasional live tweeting and posting from events;
- Ensures that all content follows best practices for metadata, thumbnails, annotations, accessibility, and SEO;
- Takes photos of people and events for website, social media, and other marketing channels;
- Maintains social and digital media style guide; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
CUNY Title Overview:
- Assists in establishing and maintaining relationships with external entities and communities, representing the College's positions and interests
- Serves as a liaison to one or more external organizations, representing the College and building working relationships with the leadership of these organizations
- Plans and implements communications campaigns, working with publications staff
- Develops an understanding of the concerns of external organizations and communicates these to appropriate College management
- Plans public activities and contributes to marketing of College activities and programs to external groups
- With College publications and editorial personnel, plans, writes, and produces publicity materials and other external communications
- May maintain relationships with media representatives
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
A preferred candidate should have:
- Superior, proven writing, copywriting, and editing skills and knowledge of AP Style.
- Keen understanding of the social media landscape, existing and emerging, and an analytical thinker with successful social strategy ideas.
- Proficient in a variety of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Experience using and analyzing results from social analytics tools to inform strategy.
- Proficient at video production, from storyboarding to shooting to final edit, including sound editing and color correction.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere or equivalent video editing software.
- Knowledge of digital advertising including Google AdWords, Google banner ads, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Proficient at Photoshop; knowledge of CMS and basic HTML.
- Familiarity with Mailchimp or other e-newsletter tools.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and diplomatic skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and projects and multi-task.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
How to Apply:
1. Please apply using the link below:
Click on "Apply Now" which will bring you to the registration screen. If you are a new user, you must register to apply. If you already have a user ID, please use your existing ID to apply. Make sure to upload a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three (3) professional references (name, title, and organization). Please upload all documents as one file, in Word or PDF format.
2. Go to http://cuny.jobs/ and search for Job ID 20440.
Equal mployment Opportunity:
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.