Creative Digital Content Producer - KNBC
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The NBC4 Creative team is looking for a motivated producer who can produce a weekly podcast, along with weekly social content. The ideal candidate will contribute to a culture of experimentation. In this role, you will produce best-in-class work that includes interview and discussion shows, compelling narratives and investigative deep dives. This is an amazing opportunity to surround yourself with well-sourced journalists in a newsroom that embraces investigative journalism and understands the importance of social media and multi-platform content.Qualifications/ Requirements
- A minimum of four years’ experience producing podcasts
- Research experience
- Expert storytelling and sound production skills
- Awareness of industry best practices and innovations
- A competitive spirit and proactive work style
- Along with experience in podcast production, this position will also produce social media content two to three times a week, from inception to completion. This position will work very closely with our digital and broadcast news leads. This candidate must be versed in social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Youtube).
- If interested, please upload a resume, cover letter and 250 words on a recent podcast episode you loved and why it worked and examples of your favorite social media content from different news sources. We look forward to reviewing your application.
- Minimum 4 years of podcast and/or news social content experience
- Strong knowledge of production equipment (ie: cameras, lights, audio and editing)
- Strong skills in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively with members across multiple departments
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years of age
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
Multimedia production experience
Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work history
Strong organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities at one time
Calm under pressure
Creativity and outside of the box thinking
Must be detailed-oriented
Ability to adhere to and work under strict deadlines
Work to and meet strict deadlines often under pressure
Proactive and positive thinker, able to exercise good judgment
Use discretion and maintain confidential information
Owns tasks and drives through completion
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.