Penguin Press is seeking an Assistant/Associate Marketing Director to develop and execute marketing campaigns for a list of award-winning and bestselling books. The ideal candidate is someone who reads widely, who communicates clearly, who can work independently, and who is passionate about connecting writers with readers. Penguin Press publishes both nonfiction and literary fiction, and the imprint has published Pulitzer Prize winners, National Book Award winners, and many national bestsellers.
The Assistant/Associate Marketing Director:
* Develops, implements, and analyzes creative marketing campaigns for frontlist and backlist titles
* Collaborates with authors and agents to most effectively market their titles
* Manages and mentors the Penguin Press Marketing Manager
* Works directly with ad contacts and our internal design department to develop creative ad campaigns
* Leverages Consumer Insights and analytics for targeting and messaging
* Gathers data and insights from digital ad campaigns on a monthly basis for post-mortem analysis
* Identify current marketplace trends and ways to leverage backlist based on those trends
* Communicates with the sales, editorial, and publicity teams to leverage data findings into sales opportunities
* Provides sales strategy and support for sell-in of individual titles
* Helps provide direction for the social media strategy for platforms and titles including post-mortem ad analytics
* Assists authors with the development of their online/social media platforms
* Helps manage annual marketing budget
* Minimum five years prior experience in book marketing
* Experience working on creative and strategic campaigns
* Ability to work with people at all levels
* Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
* Knowledge of digital marketing tools, such as: Facebook Business Manager/Audience Insights, Google Analytics, etc.
* Strong knowledge of social media platforms
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
Please apply using our online application and include resume and cover letter.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.