- Full Time
The Manager, Marketing (Auction Level) builds strategy and develops marketing plans based on the needs of the business, then implements those plans and tracks results ongoing to determine
success. This position mentors a marketing team at the auction and leads the team in partnership
with Corporate Marketing, Field Marketing and Auction leadership to ensure local marketing efforts
align with corporate goals and KPIs and support the broader strategy and needs of the market.
- Functions as a member of the location’s leadership team, providing functional guidance and expertise in all aspects of marketing.
- Works in partnership with SFMM and auction leadership to develop overall strategy for marketing to align with corporate KPIs.
- Partners with Controller to develop and effectively manage marketing budget and ensures marketing plans are delivered within budget.
- Partners with corporate design to coordinate creative needs for auction campaigns.
- Executes local and corporate marketing plans at the auction each week.
- Coordinates development of onsite signage/ads.
- Ensures that effective auction/lane signage and décor placed appropriately.
- Tracks giveaways and promotional item inventory, reporting to finance.
- Tracks results weekly from marketing efforts to report ROI to auction leadership.
- Maintains location website and ensures that an effective and approved social media strategy is created.
- Visibly demonstrates safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Works in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Reviews work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; reviews departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develops and executes strategies for improvement.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing
- Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Mentors and develops team members to align with the future vision of marketing.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Travels as required by corporate and auction leadership. Assists with cross marketing efforts at sister auctions.
- May be required to drive vehicles on the lot, valid clean drive record required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic arts, or advertising required.
- 3-5 years of marketing/promotions and customer service leadership experience.
- Previous experience in the auto industry highly preferred.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required.
- Effective organizational skills required.
- Strong computer skills and fundamental graphic arts knowledge is essential.
- Knowledge of MS Office products and layout/design software necessary.
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast‐paced team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to work effectively in a constantly changing work environment.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.