Supervising Producer, Original Video
- Full Time
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a supervising producer to join its original video team. Top candidates for this position will demonstrate excellent editorial, production and team-management skills. This is a hands-on role and we are seeking a well-versed producer with a track record of developing original video concepts, delving into research and pre-production, leading physical production in the field and the studio, and crafting projects in post. The supervising producer is expected to partner with stakeholders across all coverage areas to generate new video ideas and work with a team of producers and video journalists to execute under tight deadlines. Because this is a global news operation, candidates need to show successful executions of breaking news projects that have been done in just a few hours, as well as award-winning features with longer lead times.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Researching, pitching, writing and producing hard news and feature videos of interest to The Wall Street Journal audience
- Working with the executive producer to manage a team of producers, video journalists and graphics editors to produce breaking news, enterprise journalism and feature pieces
- Collaborating with editorial leaders in all coverage areas to identify opportunities to partner on reporting, while communicating original video plans that relate to their beats
- Working with producers during pre-production to hone story angles, reviewing pre-interviews, editing written treatments/outlines and shooting schedules
- Supporting producers and video journalists in the field, sharing advice and helping to resolve unexpected production issues
- Providing clear and productive notes on scripts and videos in edit
- Ensuring that all journalistic and legal standards are followed at all times
- Mentoring junior staff members to develop skills and providing opportunities for growth
- Developing original series ideas, as well as executing ideas generated by broader team
- Originating and managing budgets for one-off and series projects
- Ability to work late hours and weekends as news developments may warrant
- Completing additional duties as assigned
Key candidate requirements:
- At least 10 years working in video production in a daily news or weekly newsmagazine environment, preferably both
- Excellent shooting skills, including deep familiarity with Sony FS5 and FS7 packages
- Ability to edit short, mid and long-form videos using Adobe Premiere, knowledge of After Effects is a plus
- Experience with domestic and foreign news and feature production
- Clear communicator with exceptional written and presentation skills
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 38 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 17354