Manager, Distribution & Strategic Development
Location: Miami, Florida
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Craft business case and ROI analysis to senior management with long-term growth strategies for Telemundo digital business portfolio in cooperation with internal executive stakeholdersPartner with NBCU corporate strategy and other business partners on growth initiatives, development and rollout of new productsCollaborate with Research, Finance, Pricing & Planning, and Sales on valuation, modeling and analysis business decisions to optimize total revenueIdentify, recommend, and foster high-level relationships with strategic partners inside and outside of the company to achieve goals and expand into new areas of opportunityCollaborate with Business Affairs on contract negotiations to ensure that specific business, operational and implementation requirements are incorporated into agreements and manage internal stakeholder departmental approvalsBe the influencer and go-to-person in relationship to market trendsSynthesize data, communicate valuable insights, strategies and new business opportunities to senior management, external customers and partners
This position supports Distribution & Strategic Development to conceptualize, drive and develop strategic initiatives for Telemundo Enterprises focused on Digital Video Distribution, Strategic Partnerships, Acquisitions, Mobile, and other business opportunities. Manager, Strategic Development will report to the VP of Distribution & Strategic Development. This position will focus on business planning and management for strategic initiatives.
This person will focus on profitable growth on digital distribution platforms including VOD, AVOD, TVE, EST, Mobile, and Transactional. The candidate must be result oriented, highly motivated, consultative-minded and have superior analytical, financial modeling, problem-solving and presentation skills. She/he should be a strong strategic thinker with remarkable executive presence and have effective negotiating and influencing skills to be key driving strategy and transactions for revenue portfolio.
• 5 or more years working in strategy business development or related work in media, new media, consulting or information services company
• Strategic thinker with strong business/ financial acumen and analytical skills to dissect complex issues and make thoughtful recommendations and action plans
• Proven ability to persuade, build consensus and work on a collaborative team basis with all levels of management, internally and externally
• High level of knowledge on New Media targeting U.S. Hispanics
• Results oriented and performance driven
• Savviness to navigate and drive influence at the highest executive levels
• Exceptional analytical, communication and presentation skills to create detailed business plans and financial analysis
• Proficient in drawing concise commercial conclusions out of data and to translate findings into presentation and communication to executives
• Contribute to fresh and creative ideas for products
• Able to exercise discretion and keep strictest levels of confidentiality
• Able to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to deliver strategic recommendations and presentations to various audience including C-Level executives
• Able to perform under pressure
• MBA strongly desired
• Skilled storyteller, both verbally and visually
• Able to sell ideas up, down and across an organization
• Able to manage multiple projects at the same time and tight deadlines
• Proactive, resourceful, forthcoming and creative
• Team player who can also work independently
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.