Director, Product Development, Advertising & UX Integrations
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting.
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
This Director, Product Development for Advertising & UX Integrations will focus on seamlessly integrating sponsorship and advertising throughout the user experience.
Collaborate closely with ad sales and editorial teams to define and develop new advertising opportunities within the product that delight users and maximise business valueBe intimately familiar with ad sales requirements and best practices to drive revenue and understand metrics that lend themselves to advertising opportunitiesLead complex work and difficult features through the full software lifecycle – from inception, through requirements, design, build, release, testing, evaluation and iterationPrioritize delivery through a roadmap: balancing commercial and customer impact and technical effort/complexityTranslate complex business problems into compelling features and functionalityManage senior stakeholders through the full product lifecycle: from definition to go/no-go decisionCreate and deliver exec presentations that explain product features and roadmaps, as and when requiredCarry out thorough analyses of multiple data sources to inform feature prioritization, definition and longer-term product strategies
• Minimum 8 years of experience developing and managing multiple different products at scale, delivering excellent customer experiences and measurable business impact
• Specific experience of usage tracking and evaluation of user experiences (e.g. through AB testing, MVT, journey mapping, etc.)
• Strong analytical skills to evaluate a wide range of detailed information, clearly identifying the pertinent points to determine coherent approaches to problems
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with a demonstrable ability to manage a vast array of information and work on multiple work streams
• A passion for internet-delivered TV and the potential to do more with it for customers. Experience of working within the digital TV industry in a product/technology related role or related discipline would be a significant benefit
• A solid technical understanding that will enable you to have technical conversations and to know when to challenge developers and ask pertinent questions
• A team player who is willing to share responsibilities, confer with others, help others do their jobs, lead work streams where necessary
• High degree of software literacy and comfort with various project management tools such as Asana, Jira, Trello or similar as well as analytics software.
• Understanding of software development concepts and familiarity with Agile or Continuous Integration methodology - able to think holistically while building and learning iteratively
• Product or program management experience for large media or digital video sites a plus
• College degree in a related field preferred
• Experience converting business ideas and research into well-thought-out and timely product releases with an emphasis on customer value, revenue and performance
• Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communications with proven ability to work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Operations & Engineering Leadership to foster shared ownership of product deliverables and shape and refine market specific agendas
• A passion for digital products and services including but not limited to streaming video, social media, interactive television, gaming, etc.
• An understanding of the television industry including business models, trends, and ecosystem of companies that comprise it.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.