Match Export - Director of Digital Marketing
2 days left
- Full Time
Position: Match Export – Director of Digital Marketing
Location: Boston, MA
Start date: July 2019
About Match Education and Match Export
Match Education is the shared brand name of Match Charter Public School, The Match School Foundation, Inc., and The Sposato Graduate School of Education®. Match Education is an engine of discovery and applied innovation in education. We operate a high-performing K-12 public charter school in Boston and a graduate school of education that trains teachers to work in high-need schools. Out of this applied work, we refine, validate empirically, and eventually disseminate new ideas and practices on core questions in education reform.
Match Export is a division of Match Education that focuses on sharing best practices and lessons learned. Match Export seeks to scale Match’s impact by broadly sharing our knowledge base with educators and policymakers across the country through innovative, engaging, interactive products. Our products include:
Match Fishtank is an open source curriculum website that shares the instructional materials we use in our schools —for free—with other teachers and instructional leaders. Match Fishtank is seeing dramatic growth in visits from teachers across the country. Since its inception more than 15% of US teachers have accessed content on Match Fishtank. This fall we plan to launch a Beta version of a new subscription-based product on Match Fishtank called Fishtank Plus that will be a companion to our free curriculum. For a small annual fee, subscribers to Fishtank Plus will gain access to additional resources that support implementation of the Fishtank curriculum, including video-based implementation guides, student handouts, and other resources.
Drawing on decades of experience training new teachers and instructional leaders Match Export has created two websites to share best practices and lessons learned. Match Minis is a free web-library of 50 bite-sized, entertaining 3-to-5 minute animated videos that share what we have learned about teaching and teacher training. Match Minis have been watched by thousands of teachers all over the country. Match Schoolhouse offers deeper guidance for teachers and coaches through fee-based online professional development courses for teachers. Presented in an innovative digital format, courses can be purchased individually by teachers, coaches, students and educators, or in a team format via school or district leaders and administrators. Match Schoolhouse was launched in 2018 and has sold more than 300 courses in its first year.
Overview of Role
Match Export seeks to increase our capacity to reach educators and education leaders across the country by hiring a Director of Digital Marketing with significant experience in developing and implementing a digital marketing strategy focused on online customer acquisition. The Director of Digital Marketing will be responsible for developing and executing a digital marketing strategy that will drive $1.9 million in annual revenue by 2023. Primary responsibility will include planning and managing Match Export’s digital marketing strategies and campaigns across all channels (social media, paid search and SEM, email marketing, SEO, partnership development) to increase awareness and use of Match Fishtank and developing and managing efforts to convert free users to subscribers. The key measure of success in this role will be to increase the number of users of our free curriculum product and to convert 1-3% percent of those users to paying subscribers to Fishtank Plus.
We’re looking for an established digital marketer who can champion a data-driven approach to our marketing efforts while working with the team to continually innovate and test new customer acquisition strategies. As such, the Director of Digital Marketing will need to be adept at finding, reporting and analyzing key performance metrics in a variety of platforms including Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter Analytics and more. They will also be responsible for forming partnerships with like-minded organizations in the education nonprofit sector to cross-promote our products and establish thought leadership in the curriculum and professional development spheres.
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, balancing both strategic planning and tactical responsibilities. We’re looking for a self-starter who can brainstorm an idea, figure out the best (and most efficient) way to implement, and jump in to help get it done. Successful candidates will be known for their willingness to play multiple roles and take ownership for all tasks needed to complete a task from start to finish.
The Director of Digital Marketing will report to the Executive Director of Match Export and will join a team of 10 employees who play various roles on the Match Export team. Please note that the Director of Digital Marketing will need to be able to work independently as the only employee on the team with a designated role in marketing, though over time more junior staff and/or freelance contractors may also be hired under the Director’s management.
Detailed Job Responsibilities
- Design, develop, launch, manage, measure and optimize digital marketing campaigns (social media, website, email, etc.).
- Develop a strategy for upselling existing free users to premium subscriptions and purchases on both Fishtank and Schoolhouse
- Produce content to promote Match Export’s thought leadership in curriculum creation and classroom management strategies (webinars, blog posts, infographics, etc.)
- Develop and own an SEO strategy for Match Fishtank and Match Schoolhouse, in order to maintain and grow both platforms’ organic search presence.
- Collect and report on metrics and performance analytics for website and digital marketing campaigns
- Help manage a large contacts database in Salesforce, leveraging data on our user base to convert free users to paid subscribers
- Coordinate speaking proposals and exhibiting contracts for national and regional education conferences (NCTE, NCTM, SXSW EDU, etc.)
- Conduct outreach to and build relationships with potential partner organizations that can share and remarket Match Export products.
- Establish and execute a vision for brand consistency across Match Export properties
- As needed, manage the work of contractors and more junior staff.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5-8 years of experience with content marketing
- Proven work experience leading successful digital marketing campaigns
- Basic skills in graphic design, HTML, publishing/editing web content
- Strong understanding of how all digital marketing channels function
- Solid understanding of web technologies, including knowledge analytics (Google Analytics, AdWords, Mail Chimp, Facebook Ad Manager, SEO tools, etc.)
- Extensive experience with using Salesforce for outreach, database management and reporting
- Aptitude for and interest in developing new marketing campaigns and opportunities for customer engagement
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to make recommendations and drive decision-making
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including ability to take feedback and iterate based on team input
- Strong relationship building and networking skills (prior connections in the K-12 Education sector are an advantage)
The Match Foundation, Inc., The Charles Sposato Graduate School of Education, Inc., and Match Charter Public School prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.