Deputy Managing Editor (News Nightly)
- Full Time
Want to make a difference using your God-given talent?
Imagine a career bringing the Eternal Word to millions around the globe!
Are you a professional looking to apply your skills and talents for a greater purpose? Would you like to work with a group of caring, passionate people on a mission? If you have newsroom broadcast experience and enjoy leading a news team, we want to talk to you!
The Deputy Managing Editor (DME) leads the staff at the direction of the Managing Editor in executing the editorial vision of the “EWTN News Nightly” (ENN) broadcast and provides strategic and long-term editorial and production direction.
- Leads story development strategy for both daily production and future planning, including developing enterprise stories and focused series.
- Provides senior-level editorial direction and guidance ensuring accuracy and adherence to editorial ethics.
- Manages staff of approximately 15 to ensure quality of on-air and online content.
- Manages Rome, Italy staff and content.
- Leads and manages special event planning including presidential elections and political and religious events.
- Directs and guides on-air reporters and producers in talent development and improving quality of on-air product.
- Guides staff in news production including graphics.
- Develops and implements long-term planning strategy and monthly future events.
- Manages social media output and coordination with EWTN News.
- Manages guest bookings/on-air guests.
- Prepares and manages editorial, production and technical budgets.
- Demonstrated leadership and 10+ years of management experience.
- Minimum of 7 years television broadcast or cable news producing experience.
- Practicing Catholic with demonstrated understanding of the faith, and how it relates to the programming goals of ENN/EWTN.
- Experience utilizing broadcast software programs (i.e., iNews, AP ENPS).
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including social media skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Strength in directing and motivating in a team environment.
- Ability to travel and/or work a flexible schedule when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Broadcasting, or other relevant field
Benefits: Medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, CDU Educational assistance, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration.
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.