Production Manager (News Nightly)
4 days left
- Full Time
Want to make a difference using your God-given talent?
Imagine a career bringing the Eternal Word to millions around the globe!
Are you a professional looking to apply your skills and talents for a greater purpose? Would you like to work with a group of caring, passionate people on a mission? If you have newsroom broadcast experience and enjoy leading a news production team, we want to talk to you!
The Production Manager is responsible, at the direction of the Managing Editor, for maintaining and improving the overall video, graphics, and editing production quality and equipment of the EWTN News Nightly broadcast (ENN), including managing a team of 6+ videographers, editors, and freelancers.
- Manages production staff in coordination with Deputy Managing Editor to ensure the highest-level technical execution of ENN’s daily broadcast and other media.
- Leads technical coverage and travel coordination for major domestic and international events such as political conventions and high-profile interviews.
- Leads staff in on-air best practices to ensure high-quality editing and photography.
- Responsible for quality control processes.
- Manages technical staff/freelancers’ expenses, credentials and schedules.
- Manages monthly production budget.
- Books and coordinates all remote transmissions including satellite, fiber, Skype.
- Liaises with EWTN News control room staff.
- Maintains ENN technical infrastructure, equipment and remote workspaces.
- Manages technical relationships at the Vatican bureau, White House, Capitol Hill, State Department, Pentagon, UN, and others as needed.
- Coordinates with EWTN HQ Production, IT, Programming and Marketing.
- Maintains ENN vehicles and parking access.
- 10 yrs. experience in broadcast/cable news production management.
- 7 yrs. experience news in-house and/or field production work.
- Current technical knowledge of field cameras and editing systems including Avid.
- Manages complex multi-camera field shoots under tight deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to work as a collaborative team.
- Ability to travel domestically and abroad.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Catholic Faith, and how it relates to programming goals of ENN/EWTN.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcasting, Media/Film, Television production or other relevant field of study.
Benefits: Medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration.
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.
Apply for Production Manager (News Nightly)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly