Marketing Director, Portfolio Creative Partnerships (Sky + NBCU)
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Proactive Solution Development: Collaborate on developing strategically-led creative ideas and campaign program constructions that combine the Sky Media and NBCUniversal portfolio assets into sellable packages for global advertisersMarketing Strategy: Liaising with Sky & NBCU strategy teams to further define the value proposition of the partnership. Synthesizing brand advertiser client direction, sales strategy, cultural/market trends, and consumer insights into compelling strategic platforms that focus thinking and spark creative ideationProject Management: Create and manage project timelines and work streams ensuring timely delivery of global RFP responses and other client deliverablesCommunication: Cultivate relationships, gaining trust and respect, and facilitate efficient, transparent communication with internal cross-functional partners: sales, strategy, [vertical] network marketing, strategic partner liaisons, design, research, and content creative.Category expertise: Develop expertise in categories that lend themselves to global activation: Studio, Tech, Travel, Finance (global business health, development of proactive solutions, uncovering potential pre-sale leads)Cross-market dexterity: ability to gain understanding of both the US and UK/International marketplaces and to identify opportunities to link the two Cross-platform dexterity: ability to develop and communicate ideas that stretch across platforms leveraging them creatively and effectively in service of the idea, the client advertiser, and the consumer (linear, digital, mobile, social, VOD, second-screen, etc.)Pre-sale process: Attend media/marketing calls with global brand advertisers and/or agencies to identify client needs, lead internal briefing sessions of cross-disciplinary teams, and develop response proposals ensuring content ideas are purposeful, on-brand, and on-strategyPost-sale process: Oversee the execution of multi-platform campaign packages sold to brand advertisers by serving as a centralized point of contact and ensuring that all stakeholders are consistently informed and adhering to the terms of the dealVisual storytelling: weaving insights and ideas into compelling, coherent stories using PowerPoint and other desktop design applications
Portfolio Creative Partnerships (PCP) Collaborates, Curates, Creates and Connects all networks and platforms on behalf of advertising sponsors across the NBCUniversal ecosystem. Our integrated marketing solutions on average cross 3 or more networks and platforms within the Entertainment, Lifestyle, News, Sports and Hispanic networks, Strategic Partnerships, Universal Pictures, Parks, Comcast and Sky Media.
This position reports to the Vice President of Portfolio Creative Partnerships. The candidate will support and contribute to the development and implementation of integrated ad sales marketing strategies and solutions for brand clients that leverage the NBCUniversal and Sky Media portfolio of local to global properties, products, and strategic partners: multi-network, multi-genre (sports, entertainment, lifestyle, Hispanic), scripted, reality, and multi-platform initiatives. Candidates ideally will have a full-bodied background of agency, brand advertiser, TV and digital experience while providing category-specifc knowledge. Experience working in media internationally is also of key interest.
Candidates will be responsible for the following:
• Four year degree (B.A.,B.S) from an accredited college of university
• 8+ years of professional experience ideally at an advertising or media agency, media company or sales organization
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel internationally on a frequent basis and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice as needed
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• New Business experience in a Sales or Marketing functionality
• Experience working in media internationally and/or building global partnerships
• Proven ability to partner effectively with team members from multiple organizational functions (e.g. sales, strategy, creative, research, production) at varying levels of seniority both internally and with external media agencies and advertisers
• An eye for developing new process among cross-functional stakeholders
• Has high standards for work, excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills plus solid attention to detail
• Team oriented; Ability to effectively take direction and apply learnings to everyday responsibilities; can-do attitude
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and differing international and domestic marketplace realities
• Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and creative writing skills
• Excellence at maintaining diplomacy, composure and effectiveness through written and verbal communication.
• High EQ and CQ (Emotional and Curiosity quotient)
• Dynamic and effective presentation/public speaking skills.
• Comfort dealing with ambiguity and learning on the job
• A self-motivator who can take limited direction and produce tangible results tackling problems completely and with total ownership
• Ability to anticipate and accomodate needs, requests, and issues and develop options for paths forward when necessary
• Creative confidence and an ability to contribute ideas in a creative group atmosphere
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.