Digital Managing Editor - KNTV
Location: San Jose, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBC Bay Area is looking for a creative and innovative Digital Managing Editor to join our award-winning digital team. We are looking for a leader who lives and breathes digital and understands how to tell stories differently on digital platforms. We work in a highly collaborative environment and in this role, it will be imperative that you work closely with everyone across the newsroom – both broadcast and digital.
The right candidate truly thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven newsroom environment and can guide the team quickly and effectively, whether it’s a breaking news story or an in-depth digital original.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Lead and manage a team of digital journalistsIdentify story coverage and delegate assignments to a team of digital journalists, freelancers and contributors; Manage timeliness and quality of work assignedIdentify and develop special coverage opportunitiesWork closely with newsroom staff and reporters to produce daily digital news contentCopy edit site and ensure that quality of all content meets the highest standardsAct as a technical resource for core and non-core web staffTrain staff on digital tools and softwareCoordinate with assignment desk, reporters and news staff to report breaking news in a timely fashion across all digital platforms – website, mobile site, apps, alerts, newsletters, social media, etc.Create multimedia content to enhance daily news coverageUse social media to quickly and effectively report news, find news sources, and engage our audienceCoordinate with news producers to cross-promote on-air and online contentProvide digital support to our sister station Telemundo 48
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum 4 years of experience working in online news in a medium to large-sized market
• Strong news and headline writing skills; proficiency in AP writing style
• Strong computer skills: web-publishing software, graphics software and video editing tools
• Demonstrated social media proficiency on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
• Must be able to work any schedule as assigned – including overnights, evenings, mornings, weekends and holidays.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive and challenging environment
• Ability to multi-task and meet constant tight deadlines
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience working with newsroom software, show rundowns and scripts
• Experience or familiarity working with live streams and/or encoding equipment a plus
• Spanish-language writing and speaking skills a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.