Videographer (News Nightly)
- Full Time
Want to make a difference using your God-given talent?
Imagine a career bringing the Eternal Word to millions around the globe!
The Videographer will shoot and edit general assignment, political and feature news in a non-linear newsroom for the EWTN News Nightly (ENN) program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shoot and edit general assignment, political and feature news stories.
- Professionally light reporters and guests.
- Operate live shots.
- Operate streaming video equipment like LiveU.
- Assist the Production Manager with managing the freelance photographers and the field production equipment, including company vehicles.
- Setup and operate remote productions.
- Assist in the control room during show production (robotics, tape operator, teleprompter, floor directing, delivering scripts).
- Drive ENN crew vehicles.
- Help reporters in the field with technical assistance.
- Work may extend beyond broadcast completion including occasional weekends and international and domestic travel.
- When asked, organize field crews with reporters and call in freelancers as needed.
- Help maintain field equipment and crew vehicles.
- Minimum of five (7) years of broadcast news field experience.
- Demonstrated photography and editing skills in a multi-media newsroom.
- Experience in Avid or comparable professional computer-based editing systems, and multiple tape formats.
- Strong knowledge of location lighting techniques.
- Tech savvy and informed about latest broadcast technology.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record with ability to drive vehicle daily to and from sites.
- Must be able to pass a White House background check.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team environment and/or independently as needed.
- Understanding of the Catholic Faith and EWTN’s mission.
- Ability to lift and carry broadcast equipment up to 45 pounds.
- Ability to work as needed, including during inclement weather.
- Degree/certification in Photography, Broadcasting, Film/TV Production or other relevant field and/or equivalent training and experience.
Benefits: Medical, dental, FSA, vision care, life insurance, short & long term disability, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE
Please submit cover letter including salary requirements and resume via email for consideration.
To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.