The Penguin Random House Publisher Services team is seeking a Sales Director. PRHPS provides sales and distribution services to a wide roster of independent client publishers. Leading a team of three sales managers and one coordinator, the Director of Sales will be responsible for working with adult and children’s publishers to find opportunities to grow their sales, liaise with sales reps and management, and help facilitate launch and sales conference meetings. The Director will also be involved in developing and implementing strategic initiatives with the publishers and providing sales forecasts.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
* Reviewing sales targets of client publishers, both adult and children’s
* Analyze sales and create reports to keep publishers up to date on budgets and growth
* Assisting adult publishers in bringing to market children’s books
* Reviewing list positioning with publishers each span to ensure necessary information and materials are provided
* Facilitating sales presentations during launch and sales conference and providing updates at various sales meetings
* Evaluate sales orders and point-of-sale to advise publishers on first print and reprint decisions
* Tracking title inventory and determining distribution, monitoring sales orders against goals and publishing priorities
* Working with sales channel heads to identify opportunities and shortfalls, and communicate those back to publishers
* Responding to requests from sales representatives for title information, and title promotion opportunities
* Schedule and conduct strategy sessions with client publishers regularly
* A minimum of 6 years in the Publishing industry and Sales
* A strong knowledge of children’s publishing
* Management and leadership experience
* Must have strong communication and presentation skills as well as excellent product knowledge/understanding of publishing functions.
* Must be comfortable working independently
* Some travel required.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.