Springer Healthcare is a leading full service medical communications agency, and forms part of Springer Nature, the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. With more than 40 years’ experience working with the pharmaceutical industry, we are specialists in delivering innovative medical content and services across a wide range of communication platforms.
We are looking for a Senior Medical Writer (Sales Training) to join Springer Healthcare’s Sales and MSL Training team. The writer will assist in the preparation and delivery of content for pharmaceutical/device industry staff (e.g., sales representatives and MSLs) and external audience (e.g., HCPs) training activities. The Senior Medical Writer will work closely with other Editorial and Client Services team members to meet client needs in terms of quality, commercial focus, clinical relevance, timing, and cost. The successful candidate must be able to prepare creative and engaging content for a varied audience, across multiple platforms and therapeutic areas. This position can be located in either our New York, NY office or our Philadelphia, PA office.
- Develop scientific projects and content as assigned, including writing or editing of pharma internal training materials, eLearning content, video scripts, magazine articles, and slide presentations across several therapeutic areas
- Work with Client Services team to respond to RFPs or other business development opportunities, including researching therapeutic areas, proposing curricula, and participating in pitches
- Work alongside our Instructional Designer to edit or write scientific copy as needed to an appropriate reading and literacy level for a variety of audiences, including scientific liaisons, healthcare professionals, and pharmaceutical representatives
- Manage external medical writers or thought leader contributors to ensure that content developed is of the highest editorial quality, and in alignment with client expectations and medical/legal/regulatory requirements and processes
- Resolve content-related queries from the client
- Contribute to revenue targets by ensuring that projects are progressed as soon as possible after confirmation
- Monitor own adherence to budget, timelines, and utilization rate
- Attend account team meetings (business development, status, copy review or medical/legal/regulatory review, job kickoffs) as well as editorial team and department meetings, as needed
- Participate in project kick-off and related calls/meetings with clients, vendors, or other external stakeholders
- Mentor more junior members of the writing/editorial team
- Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you
Experience, skills, and qualifications
- Graduate degree (MS or higher) in a scientific discipline
- Minimum of 6 years’ medical/science writing and editorial experience within an agency environment
- Experience in sales training, medical communication, or tactical medical education required; proven creativity preferred (e.g., journalism, writing for a lay audience)
- Ability to travel up to 10% of time
- MS Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro required
- Superior language and communication skills with the ability to translate complex scientific materials into various formats efficiently
- Familiarity with InDesign useful
- Understanding of instructional design and adult learning principles
- Experience in oncology, endocrinology/diabetes, neurology, and immunology/infectious diseases is an advantage
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Visit our website at www.springerhealthcare.com.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.