Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for overseeing full service vendor activities and content management systems to facilitate the production process from manuscript through to online published files and print product ensuring the accuracy of metadata and the timely, cost effective release of content to market.
Under minimal supervision, the Project Coordinator is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Driving an efficient product workflow:
- Inclusive of overseeing full service vendor activities, trouble shooting project trouble spots as well as acts as a liaison between vendors, authors, publication editors, Publishing Editorial and Customer Service/Fulfillment to ensure the accuracy of metadata as well as to facilitate the workflow and completion of an assigned project list to produce content that will be viewed on both electronic devices as well as print media.
- Effectively utilizing corporate systems:
- Proactive use of content management systems and databases with the end goal of advancing the project workflow. Responsibilities include accurately updating systems on a timely basis, utilizing job sheets, reporting tools, written correspondence, and verbal communication as a means to professionally present project requirements.
- Quality assurance:
- Actively uphold Springer Nature’s global quality standards for accurate metadata providing feedback to vendors and resolving issues both during the production process as well as post publication. Document feedback within the appropriate systems and inform supervisors and management of critical issues. Responsible for checking proofs at various stages as required.
- Customer service:
- Effective and timely communication with vendors, authors, publication editors, Publishing Editorial, and Customer Service/Logistics as well as department supervisors and managers. Provide timely feedback back to improve upon workflows and vendor performance.
- Cost control:
- Responsible for keeping management informed of changes to project cost status as well as justifying final invoices as queried by manager.
Experience, skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years production experience preferred
- Computer literacy and competency with MS Office Suite products a must
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required
- Prior experience with electronic production of titles using author’s files for text/art an asset
- Experience working with content management systems and databases desirable
- Experience in scientific publications production (including heavily illustrated medical works and/or mathematics texts) as well as knowledge of electronic attributes such as DTDs and metadata, desirable
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster: