Manager, Ad Sales Strategy
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Sales Strategy team is seeking a seasoned Sales Strategy Manager who will be an integral member of the team and be responsible for leading projects and driving initiatives across the breadth of work provided by the team.
The NBCU Sales Strategy team works within the Ad Sales organization and is responsible for the design and execution of strategic growth initiatives to drive advertising revenue. This team works across linear and digital to set the vision for the upfront, drive macro vertical growth strategy, and explore white space opportunities. This individual will be the a key liaison between the ad sales group and the individual NBCU cable brands. This team member will focus on growing overall sales revenue and consistency across the wider NBCU portfolio. Acting as strategic consultants to our sellers, this small, but dynamic team supports the needs of both the sales teams and the individual brands across a wide range of dimensions including product innovation, sales optimization, go-to-market strategies, budgeting and planning analyses, and market insights and sales team education.
This is an exciting opportunity to define and execute key sales strategies for the NBCU Ad Sales business across our brands, platforms and various partnerships. This role is responsible for partnering with the sales teams and the site teams to create sales tactics and plans to maximize our advertising revenue.
This team is highly visible across the ad sales organization and senior leaderships relies heavily on their work to inform business decisions.
The NBCU Entertainment and Lifestyle brands include: E!, Bravo, USA, SyFy, Oxygen, and Universal Kids.
• Evaluate and support high-impact strategic projects across ad sales verticals
• Identify areas of opportunity for growth and innovation by performing detailed account, category, regional, site and deal specific performance analysis
• Perform market sizing on new initiatives and develop business case and go to market approach
• Conduct competitive market analysis for the Cable vertical and synthesize, distill and socialize key trends that influence areas of growth and risk for the organization
• Act as sales champion to Cable brands and be a brand ambassador to ad sales teams to ensure all teams are aligned on priorities, value proposition and sales strategy
• Spearhead efforts to evaluate new ad products and suppliers: perform analysis, build financial and business models, manage pilot tests with partners and brands, evaluate performance and make recommendations to management
• Develop Presentations which represent key upfront and scatter business strategies for various stakeholders across sales and brand teams
• Develop and execute strategy for ‘productization’ of new corporate deals and tailor delivery for specific Entertainment and Lifestyle application
• Work to educate broader sales teams on new whitespace initiatives to the sales teams
• Provide regular updates to Sales, Strategy, and brand management teams on health of vertical and areas for growth; ensure alignment across all levels
• Work intimately with cross functional areas of business (Planning/Marketing/Sales/Strategy/Research/Operations/Site) to ensure seamless execution of initiatives and smooth operation of business as usual processes
• Work across verticals to identify and share best-in-class practices and products to leverage across the portfolio
• Bachelor’s degree required
• A minimum of 4+ years of experience in either strategy, finance, media, research, consulting, sales or a combination of the above
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Outstanding interpersonal & networking skills
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Excel power user
• Ability to travel as required from time to time
• Exceptional, results-driven and focused individual, combining a quantitative outlook with the ability to organize, motivate and lead stakeholders from across vertical and wider portfolio
• Passion for diving into complex concepts, defining value propositions and championing the voice of sales throughout our Cable brand partners
• Comfortable with Powerpoint and Excel with an understanding of how to manipulate data sets through excel functions, pivot tables, and graphs
• Analytically-driven thought leader who can perform business analysis and real-time tactical execution of priority initiatives
• Be able to crystalize key insights from data and communicate complex analyses in an efficient and effective manner to a variety of internal audiences across departments
• Flexible, able to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a fast paced, results oriented environment, and aligning the interests of multiple stakeholders
• Self-starter who can perform independently and proactively while working in a collaborative team environment
• Strong interest in digital/social media
• Understanding of ad technology a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.