- Full Time
For 30 years, FCW (Federal Computer Week) has covered the intersection of technology and government for an important and influential audience.
We are seeking a hard-charging reporter/editor who writes well, chases stories, and is interested in developing expertise on the inner workings of the federal government and the role of technology in the government workplace.
- Develop contacts among agency management (especially key central policy shops a the White House, the Office of Personnel Management) and in Congress
- Cover industry and government events, newsmaker appearances and other spot news through the Washington DC metropolitan area, filing an average of 5-7 short articles per week
- Brainstorm, research, report and write 2-3 longer pieces each month that get ahead of the story and can drive the conversation on key issues
- A minimum of 1 year of experience reporting and writing for a print or online news publication
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate human sources and to mine for useful information inside official documents and databases
- Proven ability to write clearly and accurately on tight deadlines
- Ability to write and report stories independently and in collaboration with other reporters
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity and commitment to continuous improvement
FCW, a division of 1105 Media., Inc., is the leading provider of B2B media services in the ABM, big data, education, technology, enterprise computing, government technology and infrastructure markets. Our products focus on technology, policy, regulation and news delivered through channels including print and online magazines, journals, and newsletters, seminars, conferences, executive summits, and trade shows, training and courseware and web-based services. 1105 Media is based in Woodland Hills, CA with offices throughout the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.