Digital Advocacy Associate
- Full Time
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Chicago, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
The Digital Advocacy Associate will support Earthjustice’s digital advocacy and engagement efforts. This individual will focus on advocacy, cultivating, and stewarding our nearly 2 million list members and donors. The person should be comfortable with HTML, digital advocacy tools, spreadsheets, analytics and fundraising. They will be focused on CRM production tasks, digital advocacy, and supporter response.
The individual will report to the Senior Digital Advocacy Manager and will work in close coordination with the entire web team. This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
Email/SMS Message Production (40 percent)
- Assist with the creation of all outbound HTML email and SMS communications regarding our programmatic work to our nearly 2 million supporters, including drafting copy for outgoing emails and action alerts
Email/SMS List Growth (10 percent)
- Support email list growth through paid and unpaid efforts such as partnering with social media team on social campaigns, cross promotions with other organizations, sponsored petitions and advertising campaigns.
Advocacy (20 percent)
- Strategize with Digital Advocacy Manager on engaging Earthjustice activists on various digital platforms from email to social media to mobile/SMS.
Documentation & Analysis (20 percent)
- Generate metrics and populate the digital advocacy dashboard to inform goals and strategic direction.
- Document all online tests in testing dashboards to help inform future strategies and maximize engagement of our online community.
- Partner with digital advocacy platform vendor to ensure systems are functioning appropriately.
- Document digital advocacy procedures and processes.
Stewardship (10 percent)
- Respond to online inquiries from online supporters.
- Following up with supporters to get them further engaged in campaigns (LTE, partner/coalition building)
- Help writing follow-up messages to supporters on the work they are engaged in.
- Bachelor's degree, preferred. 1+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working in or with a non-profit preferred.
- Experience with at least one eCRM tool—preferably Blackbaud Luminate.
- CRM, HTML and Photoshop experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel, HTML and digital tools.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and take on responsibility.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with a strong attention to detail.
- Passionate about environmental issues.
- Strong detail orientation and organizational skills a must.
- Excellent written and in-person communications skills.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume online via the Jobvite system.
Please, no phone calls, hard copies, or drop-ins. If you're having technical difficulties submitting your application, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership, and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other factor that is not related to the position.
For positions located within the City and County of San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For positions located within the City of Los Angeles: We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.