Director of Client Service
1 day left
- Full Time
Casual Astronaut is seeking a full-time Director of Client Service to join the Client Service team within our rapidly growing content marketing agency. This position is based in our Phoenix, Ariz. office.
The Director of Client Service will supervise the company’s team of account managers and account directors, ensuring our clients receive outstanding quality and service in their engagements with the agency. In addition, the Director of Client Service serves as the day-to-day lead for their own roster of accounts, nurturing a successful and positive relationship with those clients they are managing directly.
The Director of Client Service is a senior role within our organization, responsible for accomplishing goals associated with client retention and growth, and helping to project client budgets and opportunities for expansion. This individual will help their team build strategic account plans, lead brainstorms and collaborate with others to bring new ideas to clients.
Daily contact with clients and team members is a key part of the job, so offering new and forward-thinking ideas is essential to the productive communication process. The Director of Client Service is expected to pitch new ideas and projects to clients and to help team members craft pitches. A confident and proactive attitude is necessary to promote the agency’s ideas and benefits. The agency will also depend on this individual to ensure projects have consistent direction and maintain a clear strategy to achieve the very best outcome.
Balancing the needs of the client against the agency’s bottom line, while being driven by a complex timeline of tasks requires finesse as well as organizational skills. Collaboration and teamwork is critical to this role.
- Day-to-day management of the agency’s client relationships and oversight of the client service team
- Mentor and develop his/her team and direct them in finding creative solutions to both client and internal challenges.
- P&L responsibility for all existing client accounts
- Proactive leadership that encourages and supports internal teams
- Regular communication with clients at a senior level
- Juggling priorities and demands of multiple accounts and projects
- Organically growing client revenue by identifying and pitching new and innovative ideas
- Project scoping, proposal development, pricing and contract negotiation
- Working with teams to deliver projects within a specific schedule and budget
- Traveling to visit clients (outside of the state) to participate in planning discussions, pitching new work, etc.
- 10+ years of experience in professional, client relationship management
- At least 5 years of managing a team in an agency setting
- A solid background in marketing, including content marketing, digital marketing, branding and website design/development
- Strong, strategic account management and business development skills with track records in organic growth, strategic planning and client building skills
- Experience leading client relationships, writing account plans, developing creative briefs, and driving successful execution of client goals
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional new business and client facing skills
- Experience in growing, managing and inspiring internal teams; strong leadership and organizational skills must be complemented by relationship building management style.
- The ability to plan and strategize with clients at a senior level
- A persuasive and confident approach to presenting and pitching new business, taking a consultative sales approach with current clients
- A keen attention to detail and the ability to work with finance team to manage project budgets, billing and contracting process
- Flexibility and the ability to stay positive and troubleshoot in difficult situations
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related field
This is Phoenix-based office role that will require you to spend time in meetings and briefings, as well as staying in close contact with clients. Working hours will be standard office times; however, deadlines may stretch this further. This position does require regular travel approximately 10%–15% of the time.
About Casual Astronaut:
We’re a content marketing firm that helps brands attract and retain customers. We do this by creating relevant content for key moments in the consumer journey — driving engagement and sales.
Casual Astronaut marries content strategy, creation and distribution. We work with brands to create websites and publications, as well as the articles, images, videos, and more that fuel them.
Apply for Director of Client Service
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly